OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 14, 2021 9:14 am  #11

Re: I need to get this off my chest.

Dirkie88,

To have your life’s plan in place and your partner alongside you would have given you direction and meaning in life. To travel across the ocean of life exploring and discovering together the new and untrodden future before you is how life should be. To have this revelation at this time in your relationship has shaken the very foundations of what you held to be true. That dream you held for the both of you is over now. Don’t let it become a nightmare by holding on to the memory of what should have been. It is tempting to hold on to what you have left after losing so much, this is only natural. I know from what you have said that you have been sweethearts since school, but this is probably the hardest lesson you will ever have to sit through. Your wife says that she thinks she is lesbian, which means that she is. She will need to have a sexual and emotional relationship with a woman and not a man. You need to have a relationship with a heterosexual woman to find your true peace and fulfilment. She is not your financial or your emotional burden to bear anymore. She is an adult, she has made an adult decision to admit to her true sexuality. You need to look after yourself and your needs now. It is better to come to this conclusion at such a young age before deeper financial ties and possibly children would have made things so much harder to take. Trust me, you never want to be there.

Be well Dirkie88, think about what is right for you.

4949 days…

And now here is my secret, a very simple secret. It is only with the heart that one can see clearly that which is essential is invisible to the eye.

Board footera