OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 20, 2021 1:46 pm  #31

Re: Snooping for Curious Spouses

Forgot to mention, in Gmail account dont forget to check the Sent, important, work, or any other categories. Even if an email is deleted from the inbox it can still reside there.

February 22, 2021 1:59 pm  #32

Good point. Will flow in - thank you.

February 23, 2021 8:21 am  #33

All of the information was useful but I hate to say that I am not smart enough to do most of it. I accidently listened to some answering messages last January at his other home on his home phone. Some were en lightning to say the least. I read his phone last October and I almost wish that I didn't. Some of the messages made me sick. 

February 23, 2021 3:47 pm  #34

Happy to help you Gloria via personal message if you need any assistance, as best I can.

I'd be lying if I didn't wake up to nightmares due to what I found. The audio files in particular have been burned into my mind.

Yet, despite this pain, knowing conclusively that I was being manipulated and deceived has given me the strength to continue forward. Had my spouse owned up to it and been honest along the way, I'd gladly have never gone down this path. Luckily, we live in a time where she left evidence without knowing it.

February 23, 2021 4:46 pm  #35

Please send me a private message. I tried to message you and could not. I think that he would be happy to help.

February 23, 2021 4:47 pm  #36

I meant that I think that you can help me.

February 24, 2021 11:44 am  #37

Messaged!

April 22, 2021 12:21 pm  #38

Added in a section about using tollway data. (​v1.02)

April 22, 2021 9:37 pm  #39

I didn't get to snoop on my gay ex. It was a long time ago though I shopped on a later partner and f o and out he was leading a double life that was shocking.

One thing I do want to earn people of so they can be prepared - when my ex found out I had shopped and found out what I did, he got VERY angry. Then I let myself get talked into remaining with him, chose to believe his sob stories, by th a leopards spots don't change - his got darker. When I shopped the second time, I es so disgusted with what I found out that I totally removed him from my life.  BE PREPARED PLEASE

April 22, 2021 10:18 pm  #40

Gmail on a laptop/desktop has Google Hangouts, which is used for hookups. It’s accessible under settings (Click on the wheel), more settings, chat on/off.

You have to select chat on to view it. You may see a history of texts, photos and videos. Easy to hide Hangouts history by turning chat off in settings.  It’s a standalone app on Apple and on Google play on Android.

The rebound cheater guy I dated after my divorce used this to chat with me. A few years ago you couldn’t hide your contacts on it. I saw his were mostly attractive women.

JoDownUnder, sorry this happened.  I know from experience it’s painful.

Maria

Last edited by MJM017 (April 22, 2021 10:19 pm)

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

Board footera