OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 22, 2023 8:30 pm  #11

Re: Do most non-straight spouses come out typically as Bi?

magellaniccloud wrote:

I am done condoning her selfish actions to "discover" and "heal" herself of her unhappiness.

You can not make anyone in this world happy. That is their responsibility, 100%. If you search for happiness elsewhere, it will never be where you are at. Let them go. I had to do the same. My ex claims to be gay now, likely to avoid responsibility for her actions. Do I care? I do not. All that matters is I endured a 19 year marriage and I was happy, because being happy has always been my responsibility. Was I mis-treated? Emotionally abused? Neglected? Taken for granted? All of the above, but the key was finding out "WHY" I accepted that behavior from someone else. Now that I have healed that, I am now happy, healed and thriving in a relationship I never even thought possible with my friend from high school She is amazing. There is hope, but its up to you, all of us to focus on our own healing, not on how sick our GID ex (or near to be ex) spouses are/were. 

Be well, happy thanksgiving to all who celebrate. 

Board footera