OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 19, 2022 12:32 pm  #11

Re: Finding more

I have in a nondirect way, I once told him that for many months upon dating I thought he was bisexual. He laughed and seemed totally relaxed about it, as in "ha ha..you thought I was bisexual?". Also, when he made comments about men being "hot" or finding all people attractive, I asked if he was bi and he said no. Another time I made a comment inferring disappointment about finding out a male celebrity was bisexual and he asked "is there something wrong with that?"

Honestly, I'm just really curious to know from any straight mens perspective if they could ever imagine themselves saying these things.

Last edited by anniescott (March 19, 2022 12:35 pm)

March 19, 2022 3:54 pm  #12

Re: Finding more

anniescott wrote:

I have in a nondirect way, I once told him that for many months upon dating I thought he was bisexual. He laughed and seemed totally relaxed about it, as in "ha ha..you thought I was bisexual?". Also, when he made comments about men being "hot" or finding all people attractive, I asked if he was bi and he said no. Another time I made a comment inferring disappointment about finding out a male celebrity was bisexual and he asked "is there something wrong with that?"

Honestly, I'm just really curious to know from any straight mens perspective if they could ever imagine themselves saying these things.

his reaction when you asked him if he was/is bisexual is pretty much how I imagine most straight men would respond (a direct proper answer with a tad of humor behind it) -- when I asked my ex-LW if she was gay there was a sudden drastic change on her facial expression, she started jumping up and down with anger yelling at me that she isn't a lesbian. After that incident I was 90% certain that was gay (turns out I was right).

did he use the word "hot" or "good-looking"/"attractive", it's not uncommon in this day and age for a man to call another man "good-looking", "attractive", "handsome bastard", etc.. his reaction to your comment about the bisexual celebrity is a bit suspect for sure. Any other signs you can think of? a male best friend? disappearing for hours on end without any sort of explanation? internet search history? 

Last edited by rekamc (March 19, 2022 3:54 pm)

Board footera