OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 6, 2021 4:11 am  #21

Re: WHAT DO I DO

Ellexoh_nz wrote:

Helpme25 wrote:

.. I could. But it won’t be much of a help

How come?  Would she not understand and support you?

She will try her best with support but she knew my husband was gay she heard stories about him in the past and tried stopping me to marry him I didn’t believe her and married him anyway so sometimes I feel she makes me feel like I made my bed now lye in it

November 6, 2021 7:12 am  #22

Maybe some family counseling for you and your mother? A third party could help both of you move beyond this past and face the future together. She is the children's grandmother as well as your mother and will want the best for all of you. As I see it, she could become a tremendous help to you.

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

November 6, 2021 12:31 pm  #23

Helpme25 wrote:

..... sometimes I feel she makes me feel like I made my bed now lye in it

Well Helpme... I think you should sit down with her and open your heart, admit to her she was right about this man and ask for her advice.
You said it was your mother who would be with you when the baby is born? No mother does that and doesn't care about their daughter and grandchild. Maybe you both have doubts about the reaction you'll get from each other. One of you has to make the first move. You saying "Mum you were right" is all you need to start a conversation with her.

*hugs

KIA KAHA                       

November 6, 2021 2:40 pm  #24

Ellexoh_nz wrote:

Helpme25 wrote:

..... sometimes I feel she makes me feel like I made my bed now lye in it

Well Helpme... I think you should sit down with her and open your heart, admit to her she was right about this man and ask for her advice.
You said it was your mother who would be with you when the baby is born? No mother does that and doesn't care about their daughter and grandchild. Maybe you both have doubts about the reaction you'll get from each other. One of you has to make the first move. You saying "Mum you were right" is all you need to start a conversation with her.

She lives around 1200 miles from me I will be calling her today and telling her what I found Any suggestions on what I should ask for her to help me with?
*hugs

November 6, 2021 2:41 pm  #25

Abby wrote:

Maybe some family counseling for you and your mother? A third party could help both of you move beyond this past and face the future together. She is the children's grandmother as well as your mother and will want the best for all of you. As I see it, she could become a tremendous help to you.

She lives 1200 miles from me so we can’t do counseling together however I am gonna talk to her today any suggestions on what I should ask her to help me with

November 6, 2021 3:12 pm  #26

Helpme25 wrote:

...She lives around 1200 miles from me I will be calling her today and telling her what I found Any suggestions on what I should ask for her to help me with? ..

Just let the conversation flow naturally.
"What can I do... Where do I start?" sounds like a good opening

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

November 6, 2021 7:00 pm  #27

Ellexoh_nz wrote:

Helpme25 wrote:

...She lives around 1200 miles from me I will be calling her today and telling her what I found Any suggestions on what I should ask for her to help me with? ..

Just let the conversation flow naturally.
"What can I do... Where do I start?" sounds like a good opening

Elle

I spoke to her, she told me to prepare myself with $ and come home (to my parents)

November 6, 2021 7:36 pm  #28

Helpme25 wrote:

I spoke to her, she told me to prepare myself with $ and come home (to my parents)

How do you feel about that? Sounds like she's offering you somewhere to fall, which is what you need. Space away from your husband... To think about things.
What exactly did she mean "prepare yourself with $$"..?

Elle 

KIA KAHA                       

November 6, 2021 8:30 pm  #29

Ellexoh_nz wrote:

Helpme25 wrote:

How do you feel about that? Sounds like she's offering you somewhere to fall, which is what you need. Space away from your husband... To think about things.
What exactly did she mean "prepare yourself with $$"..?

Elle 

Just to have money to go home with

She is telling me I can’t get my own house and that I half to live with her if I do leave and of course I’m a grown woman about to be a mother of 2 I can do what I want but it still stresses me out that she isn’t allowing me to do what I need for myself my mom has ways that I can’t live with I can’t go back and stay with her forever In one house I need my space.

November 6, 2021 9:04 pm  #30

HelpMe could you manage living with your mother for a couple of years until your life is back on track? Have your baby, get divorced, find a job ... maybe you would be able to rent a place near her when you find a job, so you can have your own space and she can still help you? 

It is amazing how quickly things can change for the better if you just can find some support and a safe place to land for a while like your mum is offering.

Good luck, its such a hard time you are going through.

Board footera