OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 13, 2021 8:14 pm  #71

Re: Amazing changes coming to SSN

Daryl wrote:

When I skim through the topics in the support section, I see many threads started by newer members. I don't think the volume has significantly decreased, but we do sometimes get small bursts of activity followed by some quieter times.

Looking through it, there were definitely many big bursts in the months following lockdown.

Last edited by Julian_Stone (August 14, 2021 6:36 am)

August 13, 2021 9:21 pm  #72

I've been here pre-COVID, and COVID's been an added challenge and stressor while healing from this TGT mess. 

This community has been a lifesaver during this double whammy. I think it's been that for many if I may say.

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

August 13, 2021 11:17 pm  #73

MJM017 wrote:

I've been here pre-COVID, and COVID's been an added challenge and stressor while healing from this TGT mess. 

This community has been a lifesaver during this double whammy. I think it's been that for many if I may say.

Definitely for me.  People who get it and are brave and generous enough to share their unvarnished experience.  A place of truth. What a relief.

August 14, 2021 7:12 am  #74

"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:32).

August 14, 2021 10:18 am  #75

I was helped for reading the posts. If the support group is making changes what not have everyone follow the golden rule. Think before you type. Treat others the way that you want to be treated.

August 14, 2021 7:26 pm  #76

thanks for the link Beijoux - I always enjoy reading some UK content as I was born there.  In my youth uk culture was so cutting edge, if it were anywhere, something new would be talked about there, but not so much these days, so I still wait for some acknowledgement that not all MOMs involve a straight.  It seems to me quite an appreciable section of MOMs involve two people who think of themselves as bisexual and have tricked the other into thinking they are straight.  

The previous relationship x had was like that.  They lasted three years broke up with lots of recriminations and went and married straights.  

(I think I'm going to stick with x instead of ex - it gives me a sense I am blotting him out - like he did to me - revenge!!!)

August 14, 2021 10:50 pm  #77

Ellexoh_nz wrote:

I'm not wanting to offend anyone but there don't seem as many true straightspouses here who are distraught and scrabbling for kindness, advice and help anymore, and I wonder why that is

Elle

It seems to me there are more varied resources now for straight spouses than ever before and people are turning to those resources for support. 

Tangled 

Last edited by TangledOil (August 14, 2021 10:51 pm)

August 15, 2021 11:12 am  #78

You are correct Tangled. I am out of my bad situation now but when I came here in July 2020, some people were downright rude. That is why I seldom post. I can understand why some straight spouses seek help elsewhere or do not seek help at all. I broke up with the homosexual that I was with for ten and a half years. I am happier than I have been in over two years.

September 8, 2021 7:51 pm  #79

I haven’t been around much recently, but I’m wondering if the new site has a concrete launch date yet?

September 8, 2021 8:28 pm  #80

It's up. Click the Banner at the top of the page. New name also.

Board footera