OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2021 2:03 pm  #11

Re: How long did it take???

lily wrote:

There's a tiger eating my toes - let's just wait til he gets to the ankles before deciding if I will run away or not.

This is good.

I'd agree – run, don't walk. Every second spent post-disclosure was wasted in lies and gaslighting. There is no fix for someone who treats their "best friend" like the enemy.

July 30, 2021 6:02 am  #12

I see both sides.   

I see the hindsight about divorcing quicker, living in the abuse longer, having less time to start over.

I see the need too stay for financial reasons, the kids lives, the legal process. 

I think everyone is doing the best they can ..there is no one size fits all. Each way has pluses and minuses..not everyone can endure abuse or has the financial means to leave etc.

TGT is a horrible thing.  My hats off and deep respect for anyone going through it nd dealing with it in whatever manner they can.  In this life and the next God will see.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

July 30, 2021 1:27 pm  #13

Rob wrote:

TGT is a horrible thing.  My hats off and deep respect for anyone going through it nd dealing with it in whatever manner they can....

❤️ And I second that

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

July 30, 2021 6:57 pm  #14

Last edited by MJM017 (August 14, 2021 9:58 pm)

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

August 2, 2021 4:27 pm  #15

Fourth.

August 23, 2021 12:54 pm  #16

I fought it, thinking I needed to stay for the kids, for 6 months. My son had just been born 6 months earlier and that made it extra hard to accept and move on. Then I accepted it and she moved out 4 months later. What I saw as keeping my promise to love and care for her only cost me. Everyone has their own speed but I encourage you to separate when you can and file as soon as possible. My state had a one year waiting period to file so I had to do that but I put it off even longer hoping she would stay in state but finally finalized it in December 2020. She announced she was leaving the next month so I guess I was correct lol. 

Bottom line take care of yourself first, and part of that self care is likely making as healthy a break as possible. My Ex left the state today to move in with her girlfriend on our daughters first day of school and I finally feel like I can breathe. Which is good since I will need that breath to comfort my children. Save your breath for yourself and others who really need it.

Board footera