OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 6, 2021 10:26 pm  #1

What are the odds?

So...I got new neighbors this week, a couple in their early 30s.  Yesterday they were out working in their back garden when I was out in mine, so I introduced myself.  In the course of our conversation I said I'd moved in three years ago after a long marriage, and the woman thought I'd been widowed, so I said, "Oh, no, I divorced.  My husband decided he wanted to be a woman."  To which she said her husband's father was in the process of transitioning.  He is, she said, eighteen months into his "transition," and her in-laws had been married 32 years when her father-in-law had dropped his trans bomb, the same number as my ex and I had been when he dropped his, and eighteen months in was when I knew I needed to get out of the marriage.  She said it's not clear her in-laws' marriage will last. Then she said her in-laws will be visiting tomorrow, and she thought I should meet them.  If her mother-in-law could use an ear and some support I suppose I'd be willing to give it, although I'd be telling her to get out of the marriage ASAP.   But I don't want to even see the husband-wanna-be-woman, let alone meet him.  I find that I cannot stand the sight of middle-aged trans women.  Too triggering.

I would never have thought I'd run into a situation like mine, at least not outside of a straight spouse meet up.  

Last edited by OutofHisCloset (March 6, 2021 10:33 pm)

March 6, 2021 10:56 pm  #2

Re: What are the odds?

OutofHisCloset wrote:

. .....,
   I would never have thought I'd run into a situation like mine, at least not outside of a straight spouse meet up.  

I'll be very interested to read the outcome of any meeting with her in-laws... Or the mother at least.
Did the husband of the new couple say anything?

Elle

Last edited by Ellexoh_nz (March 6, 2021 10:57 pm)

KIA KAHA                       

March 7, 2021 12:15 am  #3

The husband didn't say anything.  But if he seems amenable I might talk to him about his feelings about what his father is doing, because, as you may remember, my son does not know about my closeted ex.  

I did mention to the wife (of the young couple) that if her mother in law doesn't know about the straight spouse network she ought to visit.

March 7, 2021 1:04 pm  #4

OutofHisCloset wrote:

......I did mention to the wife (of the young couple) that if her mother in law doesn't know about the straight spouse network she ought to visit.

(As weird as it may sound) your account.....new neighbours, with a mother-in-law whose husband is transitioning....  makes me feel acknowledged. I don't know you (except on the forum), but you spoke your truth and I don't know your neighbour and the daughter-in-law felt she could speak hers.
A conversation about the Mindfuck out there in the world..!! 

KIA KAHA                       

July 23, 2021 4:56 pm  #5

OOHC,

I've been meaning to reply to this post.

After my ambushed phone call with this trans madness, my STBXH's best friend calls me wondering what is going on. I did not reveal the reason and told him to talk to STBXH about the reason why. I did not feel it was my place to reveal this secret because I still had that level of respect.

The BFF gives me advice and tries to convince me it must have been hard for him to keep this secret and life will be hard as a trans person, etc, etc.

Now here is the shocker.....what are the odds that both men from the same small town, childhood best friends are closeted transgender!!!??? I kid you NOT.  They both did not know they were closeted trans!

I was floored when I discovered both of their "secrets". Needless to say, they hang out in the same "guy" group that I guess will now turn into a "girls" group!  Only my STBXH has revealed to their guy group he is trans.  The BFF is closeted still and probably will be forever, however both are doing make overs adn buying wigs!

I can not make this up!

Board footera