OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 7, 2021 2:48 pm  #1

"What they don't know will hurt them"

I believe someone must have posted this article at some point (because I have it bookmarked). Minwalla (as many here have discovered) is such a great resource for straight spouses. He really captures the damage the closet causes—for both spouses—even though he doesn't (to my knowledge) write explicitly about the straight spouse experience. 

Thought I'd re-share: https://theinstituteforsexualhealth.com/blog-3/

April 8, 2021 10:02 am  #2

Re: "What they don't know will hurt them"

Thank you for posting this Julian Stone. I feel as though I have been in communication with Dr. Minwalla and he has written this paper about my life. I wish that my STBX could read and absorb this; but he already carrying around a tremendous amount of shame for what he's done. He's amicable, uncontested, apologetic and trying to help me get my new place set up all he can. He's not in denial; he's accepted that he is the cause for the divorce. This article and Dr. Minwalla's other work validates me. Thanks again Julian.

April 10, 2021 10:08 am  #3

Good stuff - thanks so much, Julian.

April 11, 2021 1:41 pm  #4

Wow- this hit home for me. Absolutely spot on.

Board footera