Straight Spouse Network Open Forum
This Open Forum is funded and administered by the Straight Spouse Network (SSN), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to straight spouses and partners who have discovered that their spouse/partner isn’t straight. Your donations allow us to provide important support and resources that straight spouses can't find anywhere else. Learn more >>>

DONATE TODAY >>>

This Open Forum is funded and administered by the Straight Spouse Network (SSN), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to straight spouses and partners who have discovered that their spouse/partner isn’t straight. The results from SSN’s Annual Summer Donation Drive are in! Together with your help, SSN raised $16,381 during our annual Summer Donation Drive! That’s 109% of our goal! Learn more about how the funds will be utilized.

DONATE TODAY >>>

Straight Spouse Network Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by the Straight Spouse Network (SSN), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to straight spouses and partners who have discovered that their spouse/partner isn’t straight. Your donations allow us to provide important support and resources that straight spouses can't find anywhere else.

Happy New Year, Friends!

Our year-end fundraising campaign is officially complete and with your generous help we raised $13,813 to serve straight spouses in need. From all of us at SSN, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Your donations allow us to provide important support and resources that straight spouses can't find anywhere else.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 18, 2020 3:50 pm  #31

Re: Happy MOM for 15 years and going (lesbian & str8 man)

The triggers were when my wife made some remarks that held something that reminded me of issues in the difficult times. With very different intentions then I understood them.
It was odd to me that I could scare by that and react very emotionally (fear, defense). This happened a few times. I found that there was still a cautious in the background of my mind, that when I looked at it, stemmed from fear. A warning system in the mind, that tries to prevent danger. Useful when it's about something real to warn for, but that's no more the case. So I could put it to rest, no need to be fearful. I said to myself: "thank you warning system, for when it was necessary, but now you can be switched off".

PS. I'm going on a trip abroad soon, so I won't be reading/posting for some time.

February 18, 2020 9:45 pm  #32

Enjoy your trip. It was nice to talk to you. Can you give me a shout back when you return, please?

April 13, 2020 5:56 pm  #33

Dutchman,

Thank you so much for your words. I appreciate everything you’ve written. You are the voice of reason.

March 29, 2021 7:38 pm  #34

Thanks for sharing. Your positions are different to mine, but not totally different either. 

Board footera