OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 21, 2021 7:26 am  #22

Re: Going away... it feels okay

I know this is probably totally off topic but I suspect my 8 year old son may in time identify as gay or bi, he has been extremely effeminate since he could walk, wears his sisters clothing, has mannerisms etc, if he is all i hope for him is that he will be HONEST and not live a lie like his father and leave devestation in his wake 

January 21, 2021 1:25 pm  #23

Virion wrote:

I know this is probably totally off topic but I suspect my 8 year old son may in time identify as gay or bi, he has been extremely effeminate since he could walk, wears his sisters clothing, has mannerisms etc, if he is all i hope for him is that he will be HONEST and not live a lie like his father and leave devestation in his wake 

Virion.... Maybe you could make your comment as it's own thread. I have a 40 year old son who, on his social media page.,.. Refers to himself as "they" and our questions about our sons would get lost in a thread about my holiday & situation, but be relevant in a thread about "Sons"
I for one would read it and comment

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

January 25, 2021 5:39 pm  #24

Ellexoh_nz wrote:

I'm not 24hrs into my trip away and I see in our shared Google history .,... Adult shop.., Peaches & Cream....Locanto ( sex site ).

I'm no longer shocked, sad or angry. Rather I'm determined to move forward and away from a life I no longer want

😔

This hits home.

My wife decided to argue that her searching for hotels this Fall was for our little one. She wanted to take a toddler to a motel, in the middle of a pandemic, by using directions from your lover's address? OKAY.

I hope the desire to search goes away once the divorce is final. It's all just so surreal.

Ellexoh_nz wrote:

Virion.... Maybe you could make your comment as it's own thread. I have a 40 year old son who, on his social media page.,.. Refers to himself as "they" and our questions about our sons would get lost in a thread about my holiday & situation, but be relevant in a thread about "Sons"

The pronoun discussion does make me wonder if this situation will be lessened with time. If people are allowed to identify publicly as "they" or similar, would it help indicate their inner feeling better in advance so they don't feel the need to hide them.

February 17, 2021 2:50 pm  #25

Ink, Stronger and SusanneH and MyExodus....at the start of this thread you wished me well for my trip. I didn't thank you. I'm acknowledging you now

I'm home but feeling a smidgeon less strong about..It All...It feels like I'm waiting for an opening, to ask him questions but my hesitancy to ask, only to get evasive answers...holds me back. Shitfuckdamn

Elle

Did Virion start a thread about Sons using the Pronoun "they"..?

KIA KAHA                       

February 18, 2021 11:26 am  #26

Elle,

I imagine being away gave you some relief time? And, coming back to reality....well, sucks sometimes, doesn’t it.  Seems to me it would be a bit scary, like you’re saying, with questions. I sure hope you’re able to ask what you need to ask so you aren’t in limbo.

I’m not sure about Virion starting a new thread on “they”. I’ve seen it mentioned, but not sure about a whole thread for it. Maybe someone else will.

Hope things soften up for you & take a turn for the better. 

((((HUGS))))

February 18, 2021 5:54 pm  #27

Elle, You are stronger than you know. Ask the Universe for strength and ask your spouse for the truth, then ask your questions. What do you have to lose? Or fear? If answers are evasive, show your proof. Keep faith in yourself. Sending you courage.

February 18, 2021 7:05 pm  #28

Toward the Light wrote:

Elle, You are stronger than you know. Ask the Universe for strength and ask your spouse for the truth, then ask your questions. What do you have to lose? Or fear? If answers are evasive, show your proof. Keep faith in yourself. Sending you courage.

Nope TtLight I spent years being knocked back for the questions I asked.
When... If.,... The time comes to ask... It'll be me the strength comes from, not the universe

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera