Straight Spouse Network Open Forum
This Open Forum is funded and administered by the Straight Spouse Network (SSN), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to straight spouses and partners who have discovered that their spouse/partner isn’t straight. Your donations allow us to provide important support and resources that straight spouses can't find anywhere else. Learn more >>>

DONATE TODAY >>>

This Open Forum is funded and administered by the Straight Spouse Network (SSN), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to straight spouses and partners who have discovered that their spouse/partner isn’t straight. The results from SSN’s Annual Summer Donation Drive are in! Together with your help, SSN raised $16,381 during our annual Summer Donation Drive! That’s 109% of our goal! Learn more about how the funds will be utilized.

DONATE TODAY >>>

Straight Spouse Network Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by the Straight Spouse Network (SSN), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to straight spouses and partners who have discovered that their spouse/partner isn’t straight. Your donations allow us to provide important support and resources that straight spouses can't find anywhere else.

Happy New Year, Friends!

Our year-end fundraising campaign is officially complete and with your generous help we raised $13,813 to serve straight spouses in need. From all of us at SSN, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Your donations allow us to provide important support and resources that straight spouses can't find anywhere else.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 15, 2021 3:52 pm  #21

Re: Your experience with lack of affection and intimacy?

VioletSea wrote:

I'm just clinging onto the hope that it's going to be such a revelation when I have a partner who is affectionate!

Oh for sure, he already told me it would be hard to see me with someone else, as he still loves me as a person, not his wife though...he even follows me on instagram. I asked him why does he bother now, and he said, "I need to see who the new man in your life is going to be!" Funny hey??

"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:32).

February 15, 2021 4:45 pm  #22

I have always had a feeling that if I found someone else he would want to be their friend and sort of crowd his way in. We have been divorced for several years but I still keep my private life private. I have not let my children know about my male friend so that doesn't get back to him. It is none of his business

My ex has no boundaries and the comment your partner made creeps me out. Were they ever to meet my friend certainly would not be friendly to him. 

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

February 16, 2021 3:01 pm  #23

The first several years there was lots of affection-very little kissing but lots of hugging and holding. The last maybe three years there is very little.

February 16, 2021 5:10 pm  #24

I think that is why I have decided living together won't work for me. I will have no privacy. He will be jealous in a way, he will want to know, who where and when, and lik you say, Abby, it's none of his business. He moved on, I am not prying into his life, I have no desire. I know he doesn't want me to get hurt, (his words) I just wonder what he knows about getting hurt....! I am not looking forward to the 'messy time' when this house gets sold, and we both go our ways...but it has to be done, rather sooner than later. We have just extended this process by another 8 months or so, and we got right back to where we were. No point in thinking it will be ok, or the hurt will go away, I have to do what I have to do. MOVING ON. 

"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:32).

Board footera