OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 14, 2021 8:19 am  #1

Another Valentines Day

Hello all-

In case you don’t hear it from anyone else, I wanted to wish you all a Happy Valentine’s Day, with the hope that one day, we can all feel loved and appreciated they way we should.

My timeline is blurred, but this is either the 14th or 15 Valentine’s Day with my GIDH. I was so infatuated with him, but I excused so much.

Valentine’s Day was always just... another day here. I worked as a waitress for so many years, so I very rarely had the day off. But the lack of interest in trying to put forth much effort at all dulled me. I just assumed he wasn’t very romantic. I assumed he just wanted to save money.
But yeah-I don’t think it was that. He just doesn’t feel romance with me. He says he loves me- and I know he loved me enough to try to deny himself... but there always was and always will be something missing.
And the catch 22 is now, if he tries, it will just feel like manipulation. Another ploy to try to win me back.
But I feel so broken inside, I don’t think I can be won back. And now that I know why there was hardly any romance... it just makes sense.

So Happy Valentine’s Day to those of us just trying to survive, and longing to be romanced, but who can’t open our hearts to the ones we thought was supposed to romance us all along.

February 14, 2021 11:44 am  #2

Re: Another Valentines Day

D&S

Happy Valentine’s Day to you, too. I’m so sorry you’re having to go through another unloved one. It’s one of ‘those’ days that just magnifies the missing feelings, doesn’t it.

Is there something special you can do for yourself? Do you have any friends you can meet with or just even talk to? I know COVID has put a damper on actually getting together, but at least talking with some friendly folks can brighten your day.

I hope there’s something ‘happy’ awaiting you today. At least something to make you smile.

((((HUGS))))

February 15, 2021 1:19 pm  #3

Re: Another Valentines Day

You're sweet, DeceivedandSad. You deserve to live a life without your husband's deceit.

Hoping you were able to treat yourself and enjoy the day!

Board footera