OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 1, 2021 5:38 pm  #11

Re: Where are we all from anyhow?

Fellow midwesterner chiming in!

Epiphany wrote:

Currently I’m in the “take care of myself and give me space, I’m pissed” stage. I just don’t understand how he can think we are soul mates yet he gets to just have side flings on and off throughout our life. 😡.

Ha! I feel like I'm in a perpetual argument against someone who's not there. Beware house plants and furniture, I may continue to go into a 10-minute rage fest at random for some time.

February 1, 2021 7:56 pm  #12

I live in Australia -  no other Australians here at the moment I think.

February 1, 2021 9:17 pm  #13

lily wrote:

I live in Australia -  no other Australians here at the moment I think.

Nah they'll be out there....reading, waiting for the confidence to put their toe in the straightspouse water. 
Do what I did and add AUS. to your Forum name
Actually...if every body did that....!!!!

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

February 6, 2021 7:12 pm  #14

Hi! I live by the sea in England. It's just started snowing here and we never get snow so I'm excited!

February 6, 2021 7:30 pm  #15

I live by the sea too, it's not snowing though, that sounds heavenly, it is hot and steamy - enervating.

re your question on Sean's thread - I grew up in England and met my GIDXH there. he was from Australia and I came here with him.  It was an awful long marriage and I am very glad to be finally separated from him.  

February 6, 2021 10:57 pm  #16

VioletSea wrote:

Hi! I live by the sea in England. It's just started snowing here and we never get snow so I'm excited!

This sounds really lovely. I did a lot of walking in those first few months when I found myself here...and always found myself thinking...I wish I still lived at the beach.

Last edited by Julian_Stone (February 6, 2021 10:58 pm)

February 20, 2021 10:34 am  #17

I'm in Florida

February 20, 2021 10:44 am  #18

I cannot tell where I am from. The man that I discuss is well known in this town, this state, and another state. I hope that you can find someone close.

February 20, 2021 11:49 am  #19

I used to care enough to not out him with our location, but now I wonder why. He doesn't care about me beyond how it affects him. I'm in a small town in Arizona, USA. I hate it here and every day I dream of moving, all by myself. I will someday soon. I'm planning things now for the great escape to start living MY life, MY way. 

February 24, 2021 4:05 pm  #20

I'm from a small town north of Toronto, ON, Canada. Well...I'm not 'FROM' here, but this is where he moved us as the homes were less expensive than Toronto, itself. I would love to be back in the city, but my dreams have never been that important to anyone. 

Board footera