OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 13, 2019 5:27 pm  #1381

Re: A gay ex-husband answers your questions

Sean, Thank you so much for all of your support and words of encouragement you have given me during these past 15 months. You are the first person I reached out to after I discovered TGT. I was so lost and so alone. You helped me face my reality. I was always  trying so hard to make sense out of the "bullshit," my GIDXH kept  feeding me. I am now divorced for 4 months, after 44 years of being married to a GIDH. I will always be thankful for your guidance and support during the most difficult time in my life. 

I understand it is time for you to move on. I also am exiting from SSN, I need to move on, and not have TGT the focus of my life anymore. I wish you the very best, and thank you so much.

Onward..........

May 13, 2019 5:59 pm  #1382

Hi Sean,  

I am sorry to see you go, I have enjoyed your company and I wish you all the best.

xox, Lily

May 17, 2019 10:29 am  #1383

Sean,
Thank you for the honest help you have given me while going through this mess. You helped me to understand exactly what I was dealing with.
I wish you well.
I am also exiting this forum as I have moved forward after 5 years separation and divorce.
Good luck to all who are beginning this journey that we never signed up for.

October 2, 2019 12:11 pm  #1384

Great post. Thanks for writing this. 

June 18, 2020 6:11 pm  #1385

Why the HELL are you IDIOTS groveling at the feet of "Sean".  He is an EVIL, DESTRUCTIVE, CRUEL, DECEPTIVE LYING - BASTARD!!!!!  Yes, I know you want the other "GUYS" perspcitve ( as if you didn't have enough of THAT already).  This entire thread is so incredibly CREEPY that it is hard for me to read it.  It DOES tell me that my "significant other" is ALSO a great big CREEPY CREEP!!!!  Wake up tell this CREEPY QUEER to GO TO HELL!!!

June 18, 2020 7:12 pm  #1386

why are you being so rude?  don't you think we've had enough of being called idiots?  and look at the date!  he took himself off this board 8 or 9 months ago  and for the record, the impression I got was he was genuinely doing amends and also I believe he was as much deceived as deceiving.

Why don't you start your own thread and tell us a bit about yourself?

June 18, 2020 8:15 pm  #1387

TwistingInTheWind wrote:

Wow....Sean has been helpful to many in the Forum. I myself questioned his involvement on the board but not as disrespectfully as you have. Calling us idiots is cheeky and insulting. 

You've obviously been triggered. Best not even go IN to this board if you can't control your anger

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

June 19, 2020 6:00 am  #1388

Controll your OWN anger - I had enough of that as well.  These "man" imposters go around sucking and fucking, lying and cheating and THEN try to pretend to be human beings.  What a racket.  Then they have a bunch of hapless women worshiping him.  WOW - When will WE - as WOMEN wake up to the continued and continuing abusiveness of this kind of behaviour.  I am desperately afraid that our entire culture is imploding.  When it is possible fo anybody to do ANYTHING and then walk about and crow about it and be thanked and praised for it we are in BIG trouble.  Yes, I am angry and I do not think that being angry is inappropriate on the contrary I can't understand why the rest of you aren't angry as HELL too.  Men, deceive, cheat and steal ourvery lives and we should "control our anger" - WELL, that ain't happenin' with me.

June 19, 2020 8:08 am  #1389

Sean
I am reading all of the questions and answers in this post and its like looking into my marriage. We have been together for over 25 years and 3 children. I always suspected something but could never prove until the last few years. When I was sent prove from someone, I confronted him and he confessed to many men, some who he brought into our home as friends. After over 25 years he brings up that he was sexually abused as a child. Wow! you had that many years to tell me this and never did until you were caught. We have businesses together and share a home with my family. Our children are in their teens and already don't have the best relationship with their father. He had a crappy childhood and would always use that as an excuse for how he treated our children. I have told him to get therapy(than Covid hit). He still doesnt bother to want to do this and compartmentalizes everything. We basically live together and run our business and thats it. I feel like he gaslights me at every stage. I want to get out but am trying to protect everyone else. NOT him. 
I spend time looking on our phone bill to see who he texts because I cannot get into his phone. I know I need to take care of myself. It just hasn't happened yet.

June 19, 2020 1:53 pm  #1390

I will admit I was bemused at women, and men, taking advice from one of the very people who had made their life hell. But, maybe he felt extraordinary guilt and facing up to a Forum of straightspouses was his personal penance

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera