OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 25, 2019 7:52 pm  #11

Re: Five Reasons You Won't Get the Answer You Seek

Leah I love this article.  It gave me so much strength.  I realize that I m still looking for an answer because I don t want to be the bad one.  I don t want to be responsible for my divorce.  However, my marriage was in a bad place even before I knew about TGT.  And I have to admit it.  I was even considering using spying software t monitor my GIDH and have the proof I m looking for but what would it really change. I understand now that at some point you just have to decide and move forward.  I might not be ready now but It has to be a clear goal.  Reading the stories here. I realize that I'm lucky enough to be so young.  I could have discover that after 30 years like several people here.  I can only thank God for this  

February 8, 2021 7:11 pm  #12

This is a great article x

February 15, 2021 1:31 pm  #13

Fantastic article!

February 15, 2021 5:23 pm  #14

Good article.  I like the question at the end.  That's good advice for any relationship.

With regard to the sexual orientation question, I've distilled it to something much more simple.  "Is he/she not straight?"  If the answer is "yes", then you have the information you need.

Trying to accurately characterize our in-denial spouses as "bi", "gay", "lesbian", "pansexual", "fluid", "curious" etc. is a waste of time.  They will probably fight wearing any of those labels, and they might not even know for sure themselves.  It's an exercise in stabbing Jell-O.  "Not straight" is usually the only conclusion you need, and it's a lot easier to reach it.

Board footera