Straight Spouse Network Open Forum
This Open Forum is funded and administered by the Straight Spouse Network (SSN), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to straight spouses and partners who have discovered that their spouse/partner isn’t straight. Your donations allow us to provide important support and resources that straight spouses can't find anywhere else. Learn more >>>

DONATE TODAY >>>

This Open Forum is funded and administered by the Straight Spouse Network (SSN), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to straight spouses and partners who have discovered that their spouse/partner isn’t straight. The results from SSN’s Annual Summer Donation Drive are in! Together with your help, SSN raised $16,381 during our annual Summer Donation Drive! That’s 109% of our goal! Learn more about how the funds will be utilized.

DONATE TODAY >>>

Straight Spouse Network Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by the Straight Spouse Network (SSN), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to straight spouses and partners who have discovered that their spouse/partner isn’t straight. Your donations allow us to provide important support and resources that straight spouses can't find anywhere else.

Happy New Year, Friends!

Our year-end fundraising campaign is officially complete and with your generous help we raised $13,813 to serve straight spouses in need. From all of us at SSN, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Your donations allow us to provide important support and resources that straight spouses can't find anywhere else.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 1, 2021 3:19 pm  #11

Re: Where are we all from anyhow?

We really are from all over the globe! I understand people not wanting to share, there could be creepers or imposters and also the whole not wanting the world to know our deep dark marriage secrets. Hopefully Covid is at bay sooner rather than later...I could sure use some friends nearby that know exactly what I’m going through. Currently I’m in the “take care of myself and give me space, I’m pissed” stage. I just don’t understand how he can think we are soul mates yet he gets to just have side flings on and off throughout our life. 😡.

- Epiphany

February 1, 2021 5:38 pm  #12

Fellow midwesterner chiming in!

Epiphany wrote:

Currently I’m in the “take care of myself and give me space, I’m pissed” stage. I just don’t understand how he can think we are soul mates yet he gets to just have side flings on and off throughout our life. 😡.

Ha! I feel like I'm in a perpetual argument against someone who's not there. Beware house plants and furniture, I may continue to go into a 10-minute rage fest at random for some time.

February 1, 2021 7:56 pm  #13

I live in Australia -  no other Australians here at the moment I think.

February 1, 2021 9:17 pm  #14

lily wrote:

I live in Australia -  no other Australians here at the moment I think.

Nah they'll be out there....reading, waiting for the confidence to put their toe in the straightspouse water. 
Do what I did and add AUS. to your Forum name
Actually...if every body did that....!!!!

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

February 6, 2021 7:12 pm  #15

Hi! I live by the sea in England. It's just started snowing here and we never get snow so I'm excited!

February 6, 2021 7:30 pm  #16

I live by the sea too, it's not snowing though, that sounds heavenly, it is hot and steamy - enervating.

re your question on Sean's thread - I grew up in England and met my GIDXH there. he was from Australia and I came here with him.  It was an awful long marriage and I am very glad to be finally separated from him.  

February 6, 2021 10:57 pm  #17

VioletSea wrote:

Hi! I live by the sea in England. It's just started snowing here and we never get snow so I'm excited!

This sounds really lovely. I did a lot of walking in those first few months when I found myself here...and always found myself thinking...I wish I still lived at the beach.

Last edited by Julian_Stone (February 6, 2021 10:58 pm)

February 20, 2021 10:34 am  #18

I'm in Florida

February 20, 2021 10:44 am  #19

I cannot tell where I am from. The man that I discuss is well known in this town, this state, and another state. I hope that you can find someone close.

February 20, 2021 11:49 am  #20

I used to care enough to not out him with our location, but now I wonder why. He doesn't care about me beyond how it affects him. I'm in a small town in Arizona, USA. I hate it here and every day I dream of moving, all by myself. I will someday soon. I'm planning things now for the great escape to start living MY life, MY way. 

Board footera