Straight Spouse Network Open Forum
This Open Forum is funded and administered by the Straight Spouse Network (SSN), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to straight spouses and partners who have discovered that their spouse/partner isn’t straight. Your donations allow us to provide important support and resources that straight spouses can't find anywhere else. Learn more >>>

DONATE TODAY >>>

This Open Forum is funded and administered by the Straight Spouse Network (SSN), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to straight spouses and partners who have discovered that their spouse/partner isn’t straight. The results from SSN’s Annual Summer Donation Drive are in! Together with your help, SSN raised $16,381 during our annual Summer Donation Drive! That’s 109% of our goal! Learn more about how the funds will be utilized.

DONATE TODAY >>>

Straight Spouse Network Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by the Straight Spouse Network (SSN), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to straight spouses and partners who have discovered that their spouse/partner isn’t straight. Your donations allow us to provide important support and resources that straight spouses can't find anywhere else.

Happy New Year, Friends!

Our year-end fundraising campaign is officially complete and with your generous help we raised $13,813 to serve straight spouses in need. From all of us at SSN, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Your donations allow us to provide important support and resources that straight spouses can't find anywhere else.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 25, 2019 7:52 pm  #11

Re: Five Reasons You Won't Get the Answer You Seek

Leah I love this article.  It gave me so much strength.  I realize that I m still looking for an answer because I don t want to be the bad one.  I don t want to be responsible for my divorce.  However, my marriage was in a bad place even before I knew about TGT.  And I have to admit it.  I was even considering using spying software t monitor my GIDH and have the proof I m looking for but what would it really change. I understand now that at some point you just have to decide and move forward.  I might not be ready now but It has to be a clear goal.  Reading the stories here. I realize that I'm lucky enough to be so young.  I could have discover that after 30 years like several people here.  I can only thank God for this  

February 8, 2021 7:11 pm  #12

This is a great article x

February 15, 2021 1:31 pm  #13

Fantastic article!

February 15, 2021 5:23 pm  #14

Good article.  I like the question at the end.  That's good advice for any relationship.

With regard to the sexual orientation question, I've distilled it to something much more simple.  "Is he/she not straight?"  If the answer is "yes", then you have the information you need.

Trying to accurately characterize our in-denial spouses as "bi", "gay", "lesbian", "pansexual", "fluid", "curious" etc. is a waste of time.  They will probably fight wearing any of those labels, and they might not even know for sure themselves.  It's an exercise in stabbing Jell-O.  "Not straight" is usually the only conclusion you need, and it's a lot easier to reach it.

Board footera