Straight Spouse Network Open Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Thu Feb 8 3:41 pm  #11

Re: Have we been forsaken?

Yes Lynne I think you are correct.

Thu Feb 8 6:33 pm  #12

Wow, Awake!  That is some list!  What comes to mind is "lack of empathy," "entitlement," and "misogyny," among other words.  

Fri Feb 9 8:03 pm  #13

So I'm curious Lynne, When I brought up the subject and the words "sex addiction" as a general topic (even referring to myself liking lots of sex)  My XGBF said, 'It's only sex addiction when you get caught."
He said that was an old saying. A joke so to speak. Is it? I've never heard that before. Am I of a different generation or was he just lying and being the manipulative ass that he is?

Sat Feb 10 6:56 pm  #14

awake,

He was just lying and being the manipulative ass that he is. 

As I understand it from reading about it, people who have a high libido are not sex addicts.  They just enjoy having sex a lot. They feel satisfied and happy after sex and appreciate their partners as human beings. The sex adds an additional positive to their lives.

Sex addicts use sex to suppress bad feelings. They operate in secret and see their partners as objects. They feel bad quickly again after sex so they immediately need to start the process of fantasizing about it or engaging in some sexual activity to try to keep the feel good brain chemicals flowing.

Sun Feb 11 7:54 am  #15

That’s very interesting Lynne, I didn’t understand the difference before, thanks for posting.

Sun Feb 11 12:15 pm  #16

https://books.google.com/books/about/Out_of_the_Shadows.html?id=b1C6-lFkorYC

Patrick Carnes is one of the leading authorities on sex addiction (virtual and irl). I highly recommend his books for those wanting ed on the topic.

Above is a large preview of chapters you can read from Out of the Shadows.

Board footera