OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 8, 2018 3:41 pm  #11

Re: Have we been forsaken?

Yes Lynne I think you are correct.

February 8, 2018 6:33 pm  #12

Wow, Awake!  That is some list!  What comes to mind is "lack of empathy," "entitlement," and "misogyny," among other words.  

February 9, 2018 8:03 pm  #13

So I'm curious Lynne, When I brought up the subject and the words "sex addiction" as a general topic (even referring to myself liking lots of sex)  My XGBF said, 'It's only sex addiction when you get caught."
He said that was an old saying. A joke so to speak. Is it? I've never heard that before. Am I of a different generation or was he just lying and being the manipulative ass that he is?

February 10, 2018 6:56 pm  #14

Deleted.

Last edited by Lynne (October 3, 2020 6:33 pm)

February 11, 2018 7:54 am  #15

That’s very interesting Lynne, I didn’t understand the difference before, thanks for posting.

February 11, 2018 12:15 pm  #16

https://books.google.com/books/about/Out_of_the_Shadows.html?id=b1C6-lFkorYC

Patrick Carnes is one of the leading authorities on sex addiction (virtual and irl). I highly recommend his books for those wanting ed on the topic.

Above is a large preview of chapters you can read from Out of the Shadows.

Board footera