OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 7, 2017 12:56 pm  #1

Erection issues in GIDH

Have any of you women had issues in the past, while still married, with the GIDH losing erections right before or during sex? Is this common? Just wondering.

May 7, 2017 1:56 pm  #2

Re: Erection issues in GIDH

Deleted

Last edited by Duped (August 23, 2019 2:02 pm)

May 7, 2017 8:13 pm  #3

Yep, can totally relate, unfortunately

May 10, 2017 3:41 am  #4

Mine can keep an erection. He just can't finish, unless it is doggy style.

May 10, 2017 9:04 am  #5

He can only keep an erection and finish if I use my hands or mouth.  Penetration does not work for him

May 10, 2017 9:16 am  #6

It's not unusual for men to have erectile issues as they age. I think the difference is that a man who wants to have sex with you doesn't want to stop: he wants to continue lovemaking hoping to get it back. 

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

May 10, 2017 11:44 am  #7

Is this a thread strictly for women or are you wanting a guy's perspective on this?

May 10, 2017 12:56 pm  #8

I think we'd love a guys perpective please!

May 10, 2017 9:04 pm  #9

I had this problem with my GID ex wife. She became unapproachable and getting her to have sex was like playing "wake the dead", a complete boner killer. For a long time I thought it was me because of my weight but then after the separation, I hooked up with a woman for a weekend. I was relieved to see I had ZERO problems with her even if I didn't find her very attractive. Also had no problems with the ex girlfriend afterwards,  was quite attracted to her.

What I learned was that even if age/weight play a factor, things will work out of there's a connection and your mind's in a good place. And yes...even on the off times when it isn't cooperating, a little patience will result in being able to be hard all the way to finishing. 

If your GID ex is having problems, its very likely he's in a bad place in his head or not being honest with what he wants. The pressure to perform when he isn't into it just compounds everything. A comedian once said (paraphrasing) "the mind can tell itself stories all day but the D is the best lie detector."

Have you not found a difference with being with a straight man? Being with a straight woman was like night and day compared to my ex. You can just tell they want you and that wall I got used to just isn't there. I see no benefit in trying to be with a person who wants something else than you.

That's my 2 cents on this.

May 10, 2017 11:48 pm  #10

All sounds familiar.

Board footera