OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 18, 2016 10:58 pm  #21

Re: Getting off ADs

Yay Rob, if you survived this weekend without your meds I'd say you will be fine without them. I'm going to stay at my same level one more week then take the next step down (to 25% of the dose) until pills are all gone. I'm optimistic that I'll be fine without them. Like I said, I've never needed them before, and I'm no longer in this mess. In fact, I haven't spoken to him or seen him in seven months. Hope it stays that way.

If I cry from time to time, that is fine. It was too much back in January. Uncontrollable. I've learned a lot since then about acceptance, breathing and meditation. Plus yoga every Friday night. Plus an active social life and LOTS of granddaughter hugs. All very healing. I'd say life is pretty great compared to where I was in January.

Rob, let us know how you are doing, and how you reclaim your space!

July 21, 2016 8:09 pm  #22

How are you feeling?

July 22, 2016 6:01 pm  #23

I'm doing fine right now and excited to say good bye to ADs. I passed the one year mark, divorce and move are done, and I haven't had to see him in seven months. I had to attend a relative's funeral yesterday, and I cried no more than anyone else. I think I'm healing. I'll keep reducing the dosage until I'm all done.

Thank you for asking. How are you doing?

Board footera