OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 16, 2016 11:16 pm  #1

Moving forward, with some form of respect

Deleted

Last edited by jkpeace (April 13, 2017 10:11 pm)

July 22, 2016 8:00 am  #2

Re: Moving forward, with some form of respect

Hi JK

I'm trying to do that with my ex.  We had dinner together a few weeks ago.  It was hard to manage the emotions of seeing this man I have loved for years sit there as a 'friend'.  We don't have to have much contact as our children are grown, but had some papers he had to sign, so we met up.  It was a disaster really.  I ended up in tears, we did the whole dance of you did, no I didn't....then we ate and chatted and it started to feel almost normal.  But then silence...heard nothing since except a really short email that seemed so bald as to be hurtful.  He is angry at our settlement and feels he has been over generous....so apparently he is not so keen on 'friends' or at least is finding it hard to be normal and communicate with me. Tomorrow is the wedding of the son of our closest family friends. So I am hoping it isn't too awkward.  

Wishing you luck and calm in this heart rending process.  Hugs

Board footera