OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 6, 2016 4:05 pm  #11

Re: Confused husband

"...He has taken the Kinsley test over and over,.."

Wow..just wow.   My have my own test for my lezex...if her lips are moving shes lying.    Before you say that an exaggeration I would argue that even when she is telling the truth there is some evil wicked ulterior motive that makes the truth meaningless or for some other purpose.

My family is torn apart, shredded,  in ruins.   But I can say tried all that was humanly possible.   Now I am alone ..well me and my God.   Alone is better than being abused.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

July 6, 2016 8:24 pm  #12

Thank you everybody, I told my husband that I need space right now. I told him I am not running to the courthouse and getting a divorce, but I believe separating is what's best for our family. He was sad, he did cry, but I explained: as long as we are together he will not be ready to explore, to which he agreed. He said he isn't comfortable exploring right now, to which I said that is fine, but you won't be until we have space from each other. He was very relieved at the end of our conversation. I told him I won't run around telling everybody, I will let him do that on his time. He needs to figure out who he is and he needs to find that on his own. I told him he can do what he needs to, he can explore when he is ready. I told him maybe one day we will be friends, maybe one day we can do family things together, with or without new significant others... I'm not sure when and if I will be ready to even date, but maybe one day I will. I love my husband I'm hoping this is what he and I both need... I know this will be hard, I just hope this is right.

July 6, 2016 8:46 pm  #13

It is honest and should help you both get perspective and that is good. I think it's also pretty fair to both of you. Remind him to be careful of his health and safety. Take it one step at a time.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

July 6, 2016 9:45 pm  #14

I'm so sorry you're going through this. At the beginning it's incredibly painful and scary. I am ten months out from my husband leaving me ... am a SAHM looking for a job and going through the divorce. It does get better. You need a good therapist (and it won't be your husband's -- that's unethical) and some family or friends to lean on. Come here a lot. This forum kept me going.

"You want a man who messes up your lipstick, not your mascara."

July 7, 2016 6:30 am  #15

When will the pain start to get better?

I realize I'm going through denial. I keep catching myself saying "he convinced himself he was straight for years, maybe he only convinced himself he is gay, maybe he is bisexual, maybe our marriage can be saved" but then I think about it, and know it's my wishful thinking.

This is night 4 of me being up all night, I know this isn't healthy, I don't know how to clear my mind so that I can fall asleep....

When do other people start to feel relief, when will the light at the end of the tunnel show itself?

Tonight I told my husband we CAN'T have sex. Since he told me he was gay we have had sex every night. I feel like this is just confusing me, and him. Tonight we did not kiss goodnight, I will not cuddle him and I said absolutely no sex. It's been hard for me...

Please somebody help me find a rainbow in this storm. I'm so sick, this is day two without food, day four without sleep... And day four of crying almost consistently... I hate for my kids, especially my five year old to see me like this....

July 7, 2016 8:02 am  #16

What does your husband do when he sees you crying ?

July 7, 2016 8:08 am  #17

Sometimes he cries too, he feels horrible. We talk about it, he tried to think of ways to make it work. He says if I want to stay, he will just try and suppress that part of him again. But I'm sure if we try that, this will keep happening, the hurt will keep happening. I can't live forever in pain. And he can't live forever unhappy... I know he didn't want to hurt me. I commend him for not cheating... Because that seems to be very rare here. I told him I think space would be good, but I don't want to just up and leave with my two kids, my five year old can tell I'm not ok... I told my mom and she is going to call off work and be with me today...

July 7, 2016 8:54 am  #18

I feel so bipolar, yesterday I said we needed space and we would continue life married but separated for now, and now I'm telling him he needs to suppress his feelings and force himself to be straight again...

July 17, 2016 1:48 pm  #19

Jk..im willing to help if I can.

They say at work I'm nicest person ..always wanting to help.

A lot of good that did me with my gay ex.

Throughout this whole thing ,besides god, the thing that helped the most was being kind to myself..to take the kindness I have and give it back so to speak.

It feels odd at first after giving and living for ones spouse but really they have discarded us..they are not entitled to the talents and fierce love we have anymore.  This took my ex some time to figure out...same with money..she is entitled to what the law allows...our spouses chose to break the marriage vows.. we need to take care of our kids and ourselves...

Board footera