OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 5, 2017 11:31 am  #21

Re: After 2,700 miles, 12 states, and 7 days I entered hell

larssongirl:  Here are the shelters in your area (below)   Call one.  Many will allow you to bring your dog.  Many shelters have arrangements with local hotels and homes to house people who cannot enter the shelter for a multitude of reasons.  The important thing is that you have a safety plan.  

He will continue to deny, and the harder it gets, the higher the possibility is that it will not end well.   These shelters will be able to help you find alternate housing if you choose not to enter the shelter.  They also offer counseling, usually on a sliding scale.  

Your smoke has turned to fire now.  You know what you have to do.    Trust yourself.  His words will only continue to harm you and open up old wounds.    I'm not sure if your current counselor has a background dealing with domestic violence and sexual assault.  It's important they understand your dynamic, your past assault, and help you combat situations in a way that is healthy for you.  

I think it's less important that you have passwords on your phone or computer, than it is that you feel like you have to check his internet history to learn the truth.  You already have the truth, and it totally sucks. If he can grab your phone and read your messages while you are out of the room, why isn't that reciprocal?  You know why it isn't.  

I agree with JKPeace, your writing is very clear.  Trust yourself.  You can do this.  Keep posting, we are all here for you. 

Here are the shelter numbers:  Please note, Super Bowl Sunday was always the busiest day of the year when I worked our hotline.  For whatever reason, this day incites violence.   Don't give up. Keep trying until you can see someone who will help you and can understand your unique situation. S.A.F.E. (Blairsville) 800-334-2836Circle of Hope (Cornelia) 706-776-4673Project Renewal (Rockdale/Newton/Walton Counties) 770-860-1666

I wish you peace.  Keep posting. 

“Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places.”

February 5, 2017 9:32 pm  #22

Hi larssongirl. Many gay spouses deny that they are gay, or they say that they are bi. I suspected my wife was gay because of the things she said and did.  After my divorce, I was able to see things more clearly.  I haven't confronted her because I felt she would deny it or somehow blame me for marrying her or blame me for her being gay. We had a bad relationship in other ways, too. I think it's best to see our reality and not try to get closure from them.  But everyone's situation is different, so I'm just speaking for myself.  Some gay spouses even remarry someone new and stay in denial.

February 5, 2017 10:51 pm  #23

"I'm bi." The analogous situation for trans spouses is "I'm multiple."  Which is supposed to mean, both woman/man.  But then you start to see that when given a chance "multiple" always means "woman" (although a stereotypically feminine and misogynistic version of woman).

February 6, 2017 12:08 pm  #24

Take the gay out of the situation altogether, and you're left with someone you're not married to who is showing you his true identity through his behaviors.  We need to learn that the BEHAVIORS aren't the issue - they are the indicators of what the real issue IS - their heart and their personality.  If he's gaslighting and being secretive and flipping out when you tell him how you don't feel confident in the relationship, then GET AWAY FROM HIM.  No one needs that.  Least of all when the relationship is still in the good behavior phase.

Just leave.  Plan your exit and do it.  Stop talking to him about it.  He will defend himself, he will lie, he will try to throw you off the scent just so he can keep what he wants.  And what he wants is a BEARD, hon.  Just run away.  This isn't going to get better - only worse and worse.

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

February 7, 2017 10:09 am  #25

Larsongirl, you need to take care of yourself, this man is not safe. He is a narcissist, whether he means to be or not is irrelevant. You need to make a plan, even if only baby steps, and stick to it. I am glad to see that with everything that you have been thru you are willing to make positive changes, but if you don't think he knows how to manipulate you I think you are wrong. From one survivor to another, cover your butt.

The people here are great you will love them, some of us are a little more tough love types, most of us are on a rollercoaster, today I am tough love. 

Go not quietly into that great, good night......Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Board footera