OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2017 5:56 pm  #1

Did Your Gay Spouse Ever Get Manic About Religion After Discovery?

Hi Everyone!
I (Hanna) haven't posted here in a long time.  I am still not divorced (filed in 2014) from my now confirmed sociopathic gay husband.  It's been a wild time - if you only knew.  Last December I was diagnosed with cancer (stress I bet).  My husband has done everything he can to delay the divorce and has harassed me about reconciling.  Um, no way, not gonna happen. I have fought back and respect myself too much to ever go back. This seems to confuse him.  

He has gotten obsessively religious, absolutely manic.  The average sentence has only three to four normal words (I counted - chuckle).  Don't misunderstand, I am not knocking religion here (grew up in a church) but I have never seen the likes of this.  Is he trying to suppress his gayness this way?  What happens when the pressure gets too great and he blows (pardon the pun)?   Even my gay uncle thinks he is insane.  Anyone run into this along the way? Thankfully, he is basically out of my life but I was wondering if this is "typical."  He has more holy justifications of his actions than even the Pope could think of.

Personally, other than the divorce and the need to sell the marital home (who wants to live here with all the memories) life is good.  My health has never been better, despite TKI treatment. I am rediscovering myself daily and having a lot of fun along the way.  You don't realize how much of your soul was lost until you begin to retrieve it!  I have great friends but have to admit, I avoid men like the plague now.  At my age, 50, I am highly suspicious of the single guys.  You all probably know why!   Some day...sigh.  For now, I believe this all happened because something better is preparing to enter my life.  Hopefully it won't take too much longer to get here! 

January 13, 2017 8:18 pm  #2

Re: Did Your Gay Spouse Ever Get Manic About Religion After Discovery?

Hanna, 
I just wanted to say if you put a gun to my head I wouldn't like guys.  It may seem like that everyone could like the same sex but I pray that's not true.
I'm  finally away from my abusive narc ex and though I'm scared of all woman now I intend to have a great year.  I keep reminding myself that most people can't possibly be like my ex.

Last edited by Rob (January 14, 2017 10:14 am)

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera