OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2017 4:09 pm  #21

Re: I found out 3 weeks ago my wife has fallen in love with a woman

As I read everyone's story, I am so angry at people who are so selfish that they use up, manipulate, deceive, control, ..etc just to hide a lifestyle of misery, it hurts too much sometimes to read. I wish I could get in my car and keep driving and never come back. 

January 9, 2017 4:26 pm  #22

Don't get mad Sharon, get even is my feeling at the moment.  These people hurt us, for me the hurt ends here. I refuse to be a victim any more.

January 9, 2017 4:53 pm  #23

I feel the same. I get better answers from my dog.

January 9, 2017 6:44 pm  #24

"I get better answers from my dog"  ha ha that made me laugh, Sharon, I can so relate.  

Yup, okay, keeping the moral high ground, best foot forward and all that.  Look, don't worry about it, you can't help being a nice man, you don't need to make the effort to keep the moral ascendancy.  it's yours by nature.

what you need to worry about is the point at which she decides she wants out.  It might come sooner than you think.  The fact that she has been supportive of you finding a girlfriend is indicative of her wanting it to end sooner than later, I would think.  

January 9, 2017 8:00 pm  #25

LoneWelshman, not sure what the rules are where you live but be careful with your FWB.  If she (your wife) is supportive of you finding a girlfriend, it might be that she wants you to cheat so in the end things are split equally.  Here where I live we have no fault divorce, so everything is split 50/50 from the date of marriage, including, sometimes custody.   I'm glad you are getting your needs met in a real way, but be mindful of the custody issues that could arise.  You already know she is a liar, so what would stop her from taking the kids so you could always provide for her as well?  

“Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places.”

January 10, 2017 11:17 am  #26

sharon, all

Yes,  I would say a dog has more morality than my ex wife.    Its quite scary...I have to deal with her as an ex now and I always have to keep in mind I'm dealing with a very selfish and unkind person.  

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera