OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2017 2:53 am  #1

Has anyone tried the online divorce?

My soon to be ex and I want to keep the divorce amicable with no fault.  She suggested doing an online divorce.  Has anyone done that?  Does a judge rule on this?  Any answers would be helpful thanks.

January 6, 2017 7:12 am  #2

Re: Has anyone tried the online divorce?

From what I understand in my state you can file the divorce papers yourself.   In theory they should have divorce forms next to the produce in the supermarket aisle.

But divorcing my ex  she was ready to bury me and I needed protection.   Most of my time in hell was spent waiting for my ex as she learned how a divorce works....ie..her and her lawyer could not ask for things not within the law,  Probably the lowest point in my life was when she told the child mediator I was incapable of taking care of the kids and I was not entitled to any custody or parenting time ..
My lawyer, in the end...  worth every penny.

But if you think you and your spouse can do it yourselves and you need no protection from her wanting to take everything from you including the kids..  then it should be possible.   

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

January 6, 2017 8:59 am  #3

Re: Has anyone tried the online divorce?

I used this website:    https://lawhelpinteractive.org/FindForms

For the state of Michigan it had every document necessary.  It is free and very user friendly..  It's a lot like using on online tax return site..  they ask you questions and you fill in the info. 

I'll answer your question about amicable divorce in the other thread. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

Board footera