OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 23, 2016 12:20 am  #11

Re: I WON'T KEEP YOUR SECRET!

Fasten my seat belt is right.  Spent 2 days in the hospital after surgery.  More gaslighting, one evening I just walked out and went home, crashed.  When I awoke @ 11:30a the next morning, I was told he called and wanted me to call when I woke up.  I called back, and after small talk he actually apologized for talking to me the way he did. 

Moving forward, the first night home he refused to take pain medication before bed.  I was awake all night with him moaning and groaning and cussing.  At 4:30a his broken leg rolled off the pillow and it went from there.  He stated I think I'm ready for a cup of coffee.  I lost it, told him a bunch of BS to go all night keeping me awake because he wouldn't take his pain meds. Then the audacity to want his coffee.  I got him to the living room, got him coffee, ice water and meds.  Told him if he wanted to keep me awake all night he could sleep on the couch, which he did the next night. "WHAT CHOICES!"  It's nuts. 

He has tried telling everyone I screamed at him and told him to get the hell out of the bedroom.
So tonight he threw a big fit like a 2 yr old, called his "friend" and asked him to come pick him up.  Supposedly he's coming, that was about 3 hrs ago. 
Told his friend:
"I can't take it anymore, she's crazy!" 
"I can't live like this."
and more

Told my mother:
"This is my fault(LC), she's trying to make me look the bad guy."
"She's making me do this."
"There is something wrong with her."
"My God, live your life have some fun."
"Nobody likes being around her."
"She does this shit on purpose just to piss me off."
"She knows how to push my buttons."
"She's cared for me for 20 yrs is bullshit, it's all been an act."
"It's all in her head."
"She's staging things."

And a bunch more.

Well this was all because he said he needed something from the truck, I wouldn't give him the keys, told him I would get him whatever he needed. Then he changed it to her just wanted to see the keys and wanted them in his pocket.
I was staging something.  I had a point to keeping the keys!

Yes I did, we have ice, snow and didn't want you to attempt and further injure your leg and undo the surgery. 
But I probably prayed something would happen to his leg again. (according to him)
OMGOODNESS the insanity of all of this.
The ranting and yelling went on for 3 hrs, I sequestered myself to the basement to stay away from him hoping he would calm down.
Well another day in the life, I gave him the keys, minus the house key so he can't just pop in as he sees fit.  So if the friend does pick him up, he can call and make arrangements to get his belongings.

4 hrs now, doesn't look like the friend is coming.

Tired, Worn Out, Worn Slick
LC

Last edited by LC (December 23, 2016 12:28 am)

December 23, 2016 5:03 am  #12

LC,

I can't imagine why he wouldn't take the pain pills. I had a broken leg and a broken ankle and had surgery to install a huge plate and 8 screws. Pain is off the charts. I really don't think you owe him one damn thing at this point. I would imagine his friend realized he shouldn't be moved at this point and that he's not thinking clearly either. Not giving him the keys is smart. He shouldn't be driving at all and he could kill entire families if he did. I wish I had a dime for every time my ex called me crazy. Crazy because I wouldn't tolerate he and John, crazy because I thought my husband should have sex with me and not everybody else, crazy because I told him I wouldn't tolerate any more lies or using a prepaid cell phone to call his hookups behind my back. Yep, I am one crazy bitch who values integrity and keeps a committment.  Hang in. You will get through this and finally see a much better existence. I never thought it would stop and it did. I am 9 months into a new life and know it. Many adjustments along the way but this life is light years better than the one I had with him. Merry Christmas!

Judy

Last edited by Judy (December 23, 2016 5:06 am)

December 23, 2016 2:06 pm  #13

Wait for it, next thing you know it will be your fault he broke his leg. I was once responsible for my husband twisting his ankle while he was out running.

Go not quietly into that great, good night......Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

December 23, 2016 2:07 pm  #14

And I was at home cooking dinner for Thanksgiving.

Go not quietly into that great, good night......Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

December 24, 2016 4:59 am  #15

JJ1966

I'm familiar with all those spun up ridiculous it's your fault, not mine stories. Didn't you know I am the sole reason we aren't together anymore? I imagined he was Gay and cheating with John (who is also in a long term marriage with a woman who doesn't know about my ex) who called me up and told me they were in love for the last 15 years and I was just in the way. I should have minded my own business and I am just plain "crazy".  It's also my fault I found the second pre paid cell phone. "Don't touch my stuff...." If I wasn't snooping around none of this would have happened. I am a control freak out to get him.

My favorite is after 100 + conversations on the living room sofa about the complete absence of sex and intimacy in the marriage over 46 years, this asshole blamed me. He looked me in the eye and told me I was "too crazy to fuck." This was after he also told me he wished I'd go do that with some other men. Mine lies like I breathe and he's soft spoken so everybody buys it. It's delivered by a conjured up persona that looks sweet. He's a full on asshole. Deadly.

December 27, 2016 12:40 am  #16

JJ1966
Well today was the day 😊
Reminder: I was pushed out of our business.
Anyway, today he said because "I stepped out of the business" is why he broke his leg.
My response:  I knew that was coming, that you would make your broken leg my fault.
Unbelievable LOL I was an hour away from him. Technically with the winter storm and bad roads...2 hrs from him.
LC

December 27, 2016 11:13 am  #17

LC,

Best to get away from the crazy lies.  There is nothing we can do.  I was horrified and sickened as things were made my fault..she attributed capabilities and powers to me that were a fantasy..things I couldnt possibly control and she knew I could not.

Sadly,  i see her teach this to my kids too...how things are everyone's fault but their own.     It's a crazy way to go through life..   I could clearly envision my ex explaining to the police officer on each of her multiple speeding tickets how she was right and they were wrong.       While these looked like random speeding tickets to others to me this sudden rash of speeding tickets was a indication of her going off the deep end in her delusions and narcissistic entitlement.

So glad Im away from this.   I kick myself now for not seeing it sooner...there were plenty of indications of this narcissism over the years..but so glad to be away  as with the fruition of her gayness the narcissism has gone off the charts.   Inappropriate and disproportionate rage and anger over the most minor slights, mistakes or offenses.   I have no idea how my kids function in her house.

It's not you.. your not crazy.    They simply  think if they say something enough that makes it true.   

Last edited by Rob (December 27, 2016 11:15 am)

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

December 28, 2016 7:43 am  #18

LC I understand EXACTLY where you are coming from, and Rob's right....his crazy, not yours. 

January 3, 2017 2:20 pm  #19

LC,

You are incredibly strong! I envy your strength!! I was not as strong as you. If I had been, I wouldn't have wasted 5 extra years. It took me that long to come out of shock and get my life together enough to get on with it. I, too, was jobless and penniless. I had to go back to school and get a job and then work for a while and get another job until I had one in which I could support myself. The emotional feeling of being torn in half nearly killed me. In fact, I thought I would die from it. I loved him, he was my world and he cast me aside as soon as I said I wasn't going to let him use me. It was immediate. It sent my head spinning. He is still deeply closeted and now that I'm going, he's trying to convince everyone that I went crazy. It's an all out attack on me.

Good for you and I am so HAPPY for you that you know what you need to do to take care of yourself!!! I can tell you for a fact, you will live for this...there is more life and love to be had. I wish I had known you 5 years ago when I was going through this. You are an inspiration!! hugs!

January 25, 2017 9:07 am  #20

LC,
The fact you didn't do anything to get yourself arrested after such viciousness is a comment on both your good sense and your ability to keep your cool. I don't know if I could have done it.

Board footera