OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 2, 2017 7:44 pm  #11

Re: Question for those who were also with a narcissist

AB-SO-FREAKIN-LUTELY! We were envied by EVERYONE. Every single girl I knew was jealous of me because he was SO attentive, the greatest guy in the world. We "appeared" to have it all. We even fooled ourselves. Oh, what we won't do for denial! Funny tho, I was miserable and didn't know why. But now I know - lack of intimacy in ALL LEVELS! No sex, no deep conversations, etc. He was unattainable, unavailable and never mine. So sad.

January 3, 2017 4:35 am  #12

Everyone still thinks my wife and I have the perfect marriage.  We'd upset so many people if we split.  Only 2 people know that my wife has a girlfriend, and that she and I have only had sex 4 times in 6 years.

January 9, 2017 1:03 pm  #13

Yes, still w/mine after many years. He has created a complete identity of himself as a great guy! Most of our neighbors and friends think he is really something wonderful. The reason is he helps everyone around and asks nothing in return for his favors. Problem is.. he doesn't help me at all hardly and if he does he is angry and resentful for doing it!! Many times I have asked him to PU something for me on the way home over the years, but most those times he cannot! He's tired, he's swamped with work, he doesn't have cash on him and the list continues. Me however, am expected to pu things for him most days of the week. He goes right by a store knowing full well he needs something, then walks in the door and asks me to go out and get it!! It's funny that I cannot get him to help me with anything when everyone else he is available to sometimes hours for FREE! A few people has seen through his bull, but not many. This is how a narc covers themselves and their squeaky clean image.

Board footera