OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2017 2:02 am  #1

Synchronocity

Synchronicity is when things have no real connection with each other but might appear to have a meaningful connection to someone. For my Happy New Years, I had my moment.

One night 3 years ago, I was told my marriage was over. She wasn't brave enough to admit the whole truth at the time, nor was she even honest to tell me it was actually over though in my heart I suspected the full truth even then. The next morning, the song "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire played on my car radio and it set me off in tears and I cried like an idiot for months.

In October of this year, she came to half-confess the truth of the matter and removed any doubt that she was having a relationship with a woman and that she cheated on me with that parasite while I was in a depression from years of emotional abuse. She didn't confess it out of honesty or anything like that; It's pretty obvious to me that she had found out that my (now ex) girlfriend (whom I still love and regret losing) was here for the weekend and she wanted to stab me with this as punishment for moving on.

Tonight, I took my kids to an outdoor concert for New Year's Eve. It was a blast; I danced, I sang, I was begged to be quiet by my pre-teen daughter. When the countdown ended, beautiful fireworks came blasting to light up the sky. Which song accompanied the fireworks? None other than Arcade Fire once again. This time, the song reminded me that I'm at peace (for the most part LOL).

There's one line in the song that means more to me than the rest "I guess we'll just have to adjust". Back then it hit me as a shock that my life was changing and the fight I fought to save my marriage was a disgusting loss. Tonight, it felt like letting the past go and embracing my new life. It reminded me of how much space is in my head for anything but her and the $#** she caused in my life. I sang that song loud and screamed at the fireworks. This was a great moment.

To all of you on this board beginning this journey, I wish you a year of peace and healing. May 2017 bring you your moment like it did for me.

For those who don't know the song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zdNdjF-htY

January 1, 2017 5:40 am  #2

Re: Synchronocity

I love this story.  iamthelorax, thanks for sharing hope.  So happy that you could experience that moment, and wow, what a moment it must have been.   Keep moving.  You will find more and more of those moments of joy.  You deserve it!

“Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places.”

Board footera