OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 10, 2016 8:05 am  #11

Re: Any Christian Believers on here?

Damien Rices' line echos in my head..

And why do you sing Hallelujah
If it means nothing to you
Why do you sing with me at all?

Sorry but I'm feeling the hit of the betrayal as we enter this holiday season... I was not a bad husband or person..   I don't deserve a broken Christmas.      I was kind, faithful and true.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

December 10, 2016 5:59 pm  #12

Re: Any Christian Believers on here?

Rob....

Great song.  You're right.  You don't deserve a broken Christmas.  So don't have one.  Do your best to do something, anything, just for you.  Remember you?  The holidays can suck.  But being loving to yourself instead of energy draining on what isn't will help.  I promise.  As crappy as it feels, allow yourself to feel something good.  You deserve it.  You're worth it. 

If that means blasting more Damien Rice, do it.  I prefer Rootless Tree for those kinds of situations.  

“Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places.”

Board footera