OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 14, 2024 9:51 pm  #1

Great husband does all the right things... but is gay

He works his butt off to provide. We have 5 kids, and one on the way (a miracle with how infrequently we have sex). He desires to be a good man, husband, and father. The importance of fatherhood is one of his pet study topics. He's helpful around the house, generous and giving, looks out for my needs. He's the perfect husband.

Except that he has never, will never desire me.

I knew he was bisexual. I've seen his eyes get stuck on the giant Victoria's Secret ads, so I know he can be attracted to women.

And yet, I spent my wedding night in tears. And almost every day on my honeymoon. And so, so many nights since that first night ten years ago.

His disinterest is obvious. He won't talk about sex, gets mad if I try to talk about sex, won't do anything but missionary, won't finger me or give oral, no passion, lights off-eyes closed, no-talking, don't be too loud, no pics, sex is an uncomfortable biological function.

Except that his Facebook reels tell the truth: he wants sex, just with bodybuilder men, not me.

And I so, so desperately want to be desired. Want dirty-talking, send-nudes, can't wait to rip your clothes off, hot and dirty sex.

And I will never have it. I'm a very sexually-minded 31 year old woman, and I have never had a passionate sexual encounter. And I never will. And that it devastating.

But he's the perfect husband otherwise. How can I complain he's not enough?

If he would just once growl at me to get my panties out of the way so he can f#^ me, I think I could be okay. But my romance novels are the closest I get to foreplay.

Do you know how long it took before I figured out what my body felt like truly turned on? Way, way too long, given I'm a married woman about to have 5 kids.

I'm just so, so sad that this entire aspect of me is wasted. Unwanted. Rejected.

By the perfect husband.

January 14, 2024 11:19 pm  #2

Re: Great husband does all the right things... but is gay

HurtingH14 wrote:

...... I'm a very sexually-minded 31 year old woman, and I have never had a passionate sexual encounter. And I never will. .

Welcome to our Forum.
The first thing I'll say is....he doesn't sound too perfect to me. If he was perfect you wouldn't be unfulfilled. Would you?
My partner was perfect too. Good work ethic, great at home, with the kids, he cooks, he was a good sensual lover....
until one day his focus shifted to what he *really* wanted. Exploration with men and women. With me, with others, it ruined us.

This website helped me in my 6 year journey to a decision to separate. And what I learned was that I had to see myself as worthy of a life where I wasn't taken for granted. And that even if my life is not the same...he has no control over my control of my life.

It's a long road. A heartbreaking one. We're here to help you walk it

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

February 9, 2024 3:51 am  #3

Re: Great husband does all the right things... but is gay

Sounds exactly like my husband. If you don't mind me asking, when did you start noticing the signs something wasn't quite right? Were there excuses, anger, and just plain avoidance? I'm ready to leave skid marks. The communication is terrible. I mean it's fine as long as sex never becomes the topic.

Board footera