OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 21, 2024 10:57 am  #1

Is this normal?

It's been about 8 months since I found out that my husband is bisexual.    He has promised to recommit to our marriage and be forthcoming going forward.    We rarely talk about it anymore and our sex life if better and more honest.   However, I still feel very uneasy, sometimes panicky and depressed.   I wonder whether this is my new "normal".    

January 21, 2024 12:38 pm  #2

Re: Is this normal?

Yeah it normal for the horribleness of TGT... the anxiety and mistrust.    Is e  meeting a friend for beer or is it a date?   Am I enough?      ( It made me shake but my GX was actively cheating and did not want the marriage so I'm biased.)  I dont't know if it can go away if your're with your spouse.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

January 21, 2024 12:52 pm  #3

I think that some of my anxiety stems from the fact that I really just don't understand the practice of hooking up with a stranger for sex.  I've read many books and listened to multiple podcasts and it seems that this is what many bi and gay married men do routinely (without any guilt or remorse).     I can't imagine ever wanting to hook up with a stranger.  I don't get it.      

January 21, 2024 1:10 pm  #4

M-Kate wrote:

....   He has promised to recommit to our marriage and be forthcoming going forward.    We rarely talk about it anymore and our sex life if better and more honest.   However, I still feel very uneasy, sometimes panicky and depressed.   I wonder whether this is my new "normal".    

A man can't be "more forthcoming" and at the same time "rarely talk" about the thing he's being more forthcoming about.

The great sex you're having sounds like a good ploy to make you think everything is okay but M-kate the unease and panic you're experiencing is what you should take note of and remember because of course your husband wants you to think everything is okay.
As a woman your spidey senses know when something is not right. The great sex is trying to shame your intuition into thinking everything's okay and that you're wrong. Bisexual men (I know) are good at that.
Keep on listening to your inner voice. Honestly? it's not fair that you think this is your new normal. Walking on eggshells is not normal. Feeling depressed while having good sex isn't normal.
Don't allow him to convince you it is.

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera