OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 24, 2023 3:17 am  #1

Message for Mplaya6

Hi Mplaya6!
Since you posted in "Our Stories" section of the forum nobody can write back to you. So I am writing here to let you know that you are not alone. Finding out hurts so, so much and feels like life will never be good again. The brain is in overdrive, trying to find solutions.
What I needed the most in the beginning was someone to remind me daily that things will calm down, and that it will get better. So I'm here to remind you, and I promise- It will get much, much better.
You are blindsided and shocked. Your husband had enough time to think about all possible scenarios, you had no time to prepare. So try to slow your brain down and have trust that the right solutions for everyone involved will come. Also, your husband knew that there was something wrong with your relationship and you didn't. When you realize yourself that your relationship wasn't 100%, it will be easier to let go.
About contact with your step kids and grandkids- I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to stay in contact with them.  Love is not about blood relatives.
Don't have much time to write now, but I'm sending you a hug and strength.

Board footera