OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 25, 2023 9:56 pm  #1

X

Last edited by baddadbunny (June 28, 2023 6:16 pm)

June 26, 2023 1:45 am  #2

Re: X

Why do you have to deal with anything to do with him?

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

June 26, 2023 1:24 pm  #3

What a horrifying experience. You asked, "help me deal with husband," but your dealings with him are over. You need, and deserve help. You were faithful and loving for thirty years. Be proud of your fidelity. Not everyone can boast that quality. You were a safe haven - and it takes great strength to be a safe haven. Through counseling, I was able to get on the road back to myself after 24 years of marriage. You deserve to know yourself again.

December 11, 2023 5:19 pm  #4

Decades-long husband skillfully deceived everyone around him regarding his sexuality. It completely bamboozled me because my spidey senses suggested something was awry, but friends and family reassured me that I had an active imagination; I thought I was going crazy.
With the help of a private investigator, I learned the truth. ..he was having anonymous sex with men. This had gone on the entire marriage. 
I left him and divorced.
At the time of divorce, I had three very balanced and successful young adult children
.Not that I care, but ex clearly developed or at least now openly has shown his substance abuse issue. He was so out of it recently at his company holiday party that his coworkers had to carry him to a car and deposit him in a hotel nearby. His coworkers reported this to me because they are concerned I have no contact with him and don’t intend to in the future.
  His appearance has drastically changed. He’s clearly on steroids, extreme workouts, and major weightless. He now has tattoos on about 25% of his body after never having a single tattoo. Question 1: Do these appearance changes mean he is out of the closet? Is it common for men to let​ all of us hang out and become drug users after they come out? 
Also, one of my kids has inexplicably seemed to change personality. There is no question about the child’s sexuality, but the ex is bringing this young adult along on his new,  completely out-of-character trips. Ex has no friends, and this child is his only ally. Example: two recent trips to a country known for narco tourism. Together, they attended an LGBT~ performance by an LGBTQ performer in another narco tourism country famous for cheap cocaine.  Based on frantic dancing videos posted on social media during this trip, I’d say there is a substance abuse problem.
Ex has done a great job of trying to alienate my kids against me. I’m not sure how to approach my young adult about the influence of his gay father and drug use.  

December 13, 2023 9:24 pm  #5

bunny,

All you can do is be a consistent and fiercely loyal parent for the kids.  In time they will see you for what you are.   I found it was hard to do in a gay marriage where we are being abused.. but on our own and not abused we can be a stronger parent for our kids.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera