OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 12, 2023 8:56 am  #11

Re: Support Group

Elle - just to second you on the therapy thing.

I do think it would be helpful to speak with a trained professional more often and work through some of the trauma and struggles I've had....but it's $200/50 min session. My ex has amazing benefits coverage, and with the dual income, I could go more regularly (for other things). But now....who can afford it?

It doesn't help that I can't even get any support/coverage for the mental health things I have been diagnosed with.....let alone support for whatever the last year was....

September 12, 2023 10:03 pm  #12

Re: Support Group

Elle,
I am so sorry to hear about your story. I know It must be very hard. I am also new on this platform and seven month since I found out that my husband is gay. I know it is very uncomfortable topic to talk about. I talk to anyone who wants to listen. But will love to meet someone who went through it as well. Maybe, I need to start a group myself. I am going to figure it out to, thou. I hope you are around here so I can hug you and seat down with you over coffee/tea to chat. The pain is unbearable. No sorry in the part of my husband. He is always gaslighting me to the point I almost believed that I am crazy. Very sad. It is an emotional abuse. But I know I will be OK. And you will be, too.

Board footera