OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 3, 2023 6:45 pm  #11

Re: Married 35 years and POOF, he has moved on

Hello Jenny2023. Yes, it was Sniffies. There are others out there, but you have to register and login. Luckily, he popped up on Sniffies, the first one I searched. I could totally tell it was him with his unique tattoos. After we separated, I asked him and he said he had been doing it for 2-3 years and fully denied being attracted to men and blamed it on the drugs. 
The last several years we have hardly had any sex and when we did, he had a gazillion reasons for not being able to perform, even while using ED medicine. At the beginning of this year, I found a bag of his dress up clothes. I confronted him and he admitted to liking to dress up under his normal clothes. So we changed things up in the bedroom. Honestly, things looked up and we were going at it like we did when we first got married, added tons of toys and lingerie. But little by little it started to decline, and I realized sex was about him. We were having sex once every other week or so. Still, it gave me false hope that we could fix our marriage. Then I found out about the drugs, orgies and all the other people in his life that I didn't even know about, which was the last straw for me. 
Have you read the book Gay Husbands Straight Wives yet?  It was like they were sitting in my living room and writing about my life. I picked it up and started reading it and couldn't put the book down. 
I'm sorry to hear that you are going through something similar with your husband. I hope you figure out what is going on with your marriage.  You don't deserve what is happening. Stay strong and stay curious.  

September 3, 2023 6:55 pm  #12

Re: Married 35 years and POOF, he has moved on

To everyone that has messaged on this board, I have to say thank you! I read all of your replies all the time. It has given me strength and support when I needed it the most. I start a therapy group this week, as there were no opening in our town for individual therapist. I'm excited to start and hope it will make my transition into acceptance move a little smoother.  Again, thank you so much! 

Board footera