OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 15, 2023 6:42 pm  #1

Spiritual Growth During this Traumatic Time

My unhappy marriage persisted for 31 years. During that time, my husband lied to me, degraded me, cheated on me and FINALLY left me for a man. Fortunately, also during this time, I had been doing some intense spiritual work on myself. If you are in a situation where your spouse is lying to you, cheating on you, degrading you, and running your health into a hole in the ground, PLEASE find a spiritual outlet. Whatever spiritual path works for you is the best one. Take this time to grow inwardly.

My husband, who I now refer to as my "wasband", has been gone for 5 months now and has not returned, nor offered any type of financial support at all. Whatever! Through it all, I trusted God to help me. Now, I have a fun job, wonderful co-workers, and a fresh outlook on life. It wasn't always this way. I have had some very low, sad days, weeks, and even months. I have had the high blood pressure, the anxiety, the vertigo, the internal bleeding. All of that should have killed me, but I worked on spiritual growth. Please do something similar for yourself. You are worth it. If I can, you definitely can. You see, I was just a timid person who was dedicated to her marriage. Now, I see life differently and it really has only been 5 months as of today.

Board footera