OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 13, 2023 9:34 am  #1

Obama’s letter

So 21-yo Obama wrote to his then girlfriend that he had daily fantasies about men.

This is not a political slam in any way -  this post isn’t about politics.

I really don’t understand same sex attraction.  I’m a straight man and have absolutely zero fantasies about men ever.  Ever.  I personally find men gross.  But women’s bodies are the source of all my sexual fantasy.

I think my ex lived a very compartmentalized life.  That’s another thing I don’t understand.  How can someone sublimate their sexuality to this degree?  Obama, in this context, reminds me of my ex - carefully creating this image of perfect heterosexuality that is fully false only to advance social/political goals.

🤯

https://nypost.com/2023/08/12/barack-obama-told-ex-i-make-love-to-men-daily-but-in-the-imagination/

August 13, 2023 6:23 pm  #2

Re: Obama’s letter

wow, that's fascinating.  There was an Australian prime minister with a similar look to Obama - Paul Keating - I just went and had a look after reading your post and there are lots of articles saying he's gay too.  He had a nice wife - I now see they are divorced.

I too cannot imagine what it would be like to be sexually attracted to a woman's body.  It's like my mind just won't go there.  And I can only imagine it is the same for people who are same sex attracted - their mind doesn't go there either, with the opposite sex.

I think you are right about the compartmentalisation - that's how they do it.

It is crushing for the straight in a MOM.

Board footera