OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 16, 2023 8:24 pm  #1

Hurts so bad

This whole thing is really painful and is completely unfair

July 16, 2023 9:35 pm  #2

Re: Hurts so bad

Otter wrote:

This whole thing is really painful and is completely unfair

Yip... And it'll keep hurting until it doesn't, or not as much anyway. I've found this has made me stronger and opened my eyes to the options that are out there for me

Do you have support? Family, friends?

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

July 19, 2023 12:54 pm  #3

Elle- yes, thankful for my close-knit support. Grief hit me  hard a few days ago, but I know there are brighter days ahead. After careful consideration, and learning of my GID husband’s current affair, I decided to end our 20 year marriage.

July 19, 2023 1:34 pm  #4

Otter - I'm so sorry! I understand your feelings. It's completely unfair!  I decided to end my marriage after almost 18 years. It's an emotional roller coaster - especially when he attempts to blameshift and gets upset when I enforce boundaries. 

August 4, 2023 7:35 pm  #5

It would be more beneficial for everyone if you told what happened to this god-forsaken community. My purpose is not to attack, I just think that sharing stories will benefit everyone. It is really valuable that you describe in detail what happened and how you felt during this process.

August 6, 2023 9:22 am  #6

[TKU]It would be more beneficial for everyone if you told what happened to this god-forsaken community. My purpose is not to attack, I just think that sharing stories will benefit everyone. It is really valuable that you describe in detail what happened and how you felt during this process.

I appreciate your encouragement, TKU, and agree about sharing stories. Mine started at the beginning of this year and is still shaping. I will be sharing it, but not until after my divorce. I am so thankful for this community and hope that my story can eventually help others.

Board footera