OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 20, 2023 6:26 pm  #1

Seriously Facebook?

I'll make this short and sweet.  Logged on to Facebook tonight.  They recommended a new friend to me--my SO trans profile.

Great...just what I didn't need to see 

Anyone else run into anything like this?  I feel like no matter what I do or where I go, I can't escape her.

June 20, 2023 9:48 pm  #2

Re: Seriously Facebook?

You could delete your profile, start another one. 

Could you?

KIA KAHA                       

July 17, 2023 10:45 am  #3

Yes, the same thing happened to me.  MY TXH's female profile showed up as a potential friend. It really bothers me to see him dressed up as a woman. I'd rather not see him at all.   I live in a small town in a  remote area.  I realized I had quite recently friended a Gay (male) couple I had known a long time. .  I wasn't very good friends with them in the real world, so I unfriended them, thinking they might have connected me somehow with my TXH's profile.   AFter I did that, my TXH's profile never appeared on my FB page again!  THis was months ago.

I think sometimes FB gives you friends of friends as potential friends.  My TXH may have been friends with the Gay couple.

Last edited by BirdSolveig (July 17, 2023 11:02 am)

July 17, 2023 7:16 pm  #4

FB definitely does that. If you start browsing for new contacts, it tends to start with people who have friends in common with you.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

July 27, 2023 4:42 pm  #5

I found out another way get rid of an unwelcome person on FB - use blocking. Google "blocking on FB" for its uses and the way to set it up.

July 28, 2023 5:41 pm  #6

Just block the person. It’s easily done.

Board footera