OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 14, 2023 4:24 pm  #31

Re: I don't really understand

M-Kate wrote:

Yes, I know that divorce would be awful for me as well, and I don't think I'd feel any better.   I'd probably still have the same anxiety and I'd be lonely.   Is a bisexual husband better than no husband?   I think that overall, my life may be better with him in it (if I can accept him). 

One of the things you hear over and again from the straight spouse is that they are experiencing anxiety.  I knew I was but somehow, thanks to input from ex, thought this was just me being anxious and due to my upbringing not my present circumstance.

When I settled down for my first night in my new home, yes first night, I was surprised to find the anxiety had gone.  

Feeling lonely is something we all fear.  What I came to after a few weeks in my new home was that it felt better to face it than fear it.  Oh well see I had been with my ex for almost 40 years.  He had been covering up the truth of me in his deception - turned out I felt less lonely because I had more of me.

I fell in love with someone I already knew well, it was wonderful.  I was getting divorced and his wife left him and it just happened, I felt an amazing happiness for a little bit, then his wife came back.  

Getting to know my neighbours has resulted in some really valuable friendship.  I have not regretted my decision to leave my ex for one second.  I feel a lot more comfortable living alone, with my cat and chickens, and my neighbours and bridge-playing friends than I was in my MOM.

Board footera