OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 31, 2023 2:22 pm  #1

Dating new person

I would like to ask what other people have  done when telling a new person they are dating about the LGBT ex-spouse?  How do you do it and when?

May 31, 2023 6:24 pm  #2

Re: Dating new person

Did it on the first date... was the first thing I was asked..   Said we had "irreconcilable similarities" .
The truth is always best ...   It is something that happened to me..it's not who I am.   

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

June 2, 2023 10:04 am  #3

Thank you, Rob.  I appreciate hearing about your experience. 

June 2, 2023 1:28 pm  #4

Sorry, not an answer, but a question.
Why not tell the truth right away? Something along the lines: my spouse turned out to be gay and we could not stay together? This way it's clear that this break up is not caused by you. Are there downsides to revealing these details?
I'll need to date in the future, so I'm also invested in knowing the right things to say

Board footera