OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 22, 2023 10:32 am  #1

I just need to be reaffirmed

When I got with my ex, he let me know he was questioning his sexuality. Well, we were just friends at this time ( I just moved to this state and he was my first friend in the area ) but gradually the relationship turned romantic. He let me know early in he had many unique fetishes (men wearing latex female masks, morphsuits, crossdressing). I overlooked this at the time because I was fairly confident and didn't see this as being a "forever" relationship and I would just let it dissolve when it did. He then ended up letting me know a few of his male friends he wanted to have sex with, and even told one of them "I love you so much I would let you **** my girlfriend." 

I broke up with him because I thought he was gay, and he would beg for me back and I have severe abandonment wounds so I would come back every time. Plus, I have never connected with someone like this in my entire life. He had been in prison for 5 years (out for 5 once I met him) and one time when I was using the strap on with him.. he told me to "**** me like we are in prison." I sort of freaked out and he never did that again.

We had fairly? regular sex. I am 24 and he is 32 so... I don't know. He really only liked having sex with me when I was wearing the morphsuit though. But after a year or so into the relationship, I would start getting triggered and spiraling and I would leave because I thought he was gay and hiding it.. and he would get physical with me. Either restrain me and even strangling me. I still always came back. I understood where he was coming from because of his trauma with prison, growing up in a bad area, and his dad being physical with him as a child.

Eventually someone he was in prison with reached out to me and asked for his info, and said they used to have sex all the time and he cared about him. My ex told me this guy was lying to just get us to break up and it was kind of an off limits subject because it would always result in a huge fight/ violence.

A few days ago, the day after my birthday, this guy reached out again after I ended a session with a local psychic who basically told me he WAS gay and I was only hurting myself. This entire time he has said to me he was 80% straight/ 20% gay, so he said he never lied and I am just projecting my own insecurities onto the relationship and ruining it. He loves me more than anything he says, and guilts me by reminding me of everything he's done for me.
I left the other day when the prison guy reached out again, and my ex got physical yet again cornering me and calling me every name in the book. 

I just wish he would look me in the eyes and tell me the truth after everything I have done for him. I already know the answer but... obviously dude is in denial right?
Thanks. 

May 22, 2023 3:27 pm  #2

Re: I just need to be reaffirmed

May I suggest that you look into a mirror and reaffirm yourself.  Keep repeating "Whatever he is, he isn't for me" until it sinks in that you deserve so much better than him.

Look for a psychologist instead of a psychic to help you figure out what traumas in your past have led to you being sucked back into his control despite being subjected to physical violence. Do something for yourself and start on a path that is life-affirming.

Strangulation can be fatal so yes, I am being harsh here. I don't know what he was in prison for but from now on, for your own safety, keep yourself as far away from him - and his prison buddy - as possible.

Life can be better than this. 

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

May 22, 2023 4:07 pm  #3

Let me give you a piece of advice:  Run.  If you don't run away like a screaming child from a haunted house, please meet with a therapist and explore why you won't.

May 22, 2023 5:29 pm  #4

Violent men rarely stop being violent.
If he's protecting a closet, it over-rides everything.
Staying in contact with him sounds dangerous to your safety.
I don't think you will ever get affirmation from him. You know enough already.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

May 22, 2023 8:08 pm  #5

I had a violent GID husband who hit me. It gets worse, especially when he senses you are committed to him.  He will try everything in his power to make you stay. My late GIDXH threatened my life when I first said I planned to leave him.

It was a total miracle that I got out. Get out now and don't look back.

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

Board footera