OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 24, 2023 12:21 am  #11

Re: To Frozen Heart

Frozen,

Nothing an electric blanket cant solve to keep you warm..

"..slowly lost touch with everyone I knew before.."

One of the first things I did was reach out to friends and family I was estranged from. I basically told them I was sorry (for not keeping touch)...and they all took me back so to speak.   So glad to this day I surrounded myself with good people.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

March 24, 2023 12:45 pm  #12

Re: To Frozen Heart

FrozenHeart - way to go to set boundaries! You have to take care of yourself (self-preservation) which means sharing to build your support system.  He doesn't get to dictate how that looks! My GID husband and I have been living in the same household but in separate living quarters for over 2 years. We have chosen to remain in the same house to raise our children. While it may not work for some, it has worked for us. We are friendly to each other and stick to conversations about the kids these days. It was a big transition but I'm ok with it. I have my own life and interests. I initiated the legal Marriage Separation in November because I want to freely start the next chapter of my life. 

Board footera