OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 5, 2023 8:33 pm  #51

Re: 2022 was a fucked-up year

Wishing you strength and a good outcome.

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

February 5, 2023 9:00 pm  #52

Abby wrote:

Wishing you strength and a good outcome.

Thanks Abby 😘

KIA KAHA                       

February 6, 2023 8:41 am  #53

I keep meaning to comment my support as well! I've been around for several years now. And I am so happy for you. You're a step ahead of me in the fact that I have not yet spoke to a lawyer (although, do you have to have a waiting period before applying? Here I am stuck for a min of a year where we have to not be a "couple" before we can even begin the process of divorce....so I still have like 9 months to go)

February 6, 2023 12:51 pm  #54

Anon2222 wrote:

I keep meaning to comment my support as well! I've been around for several years now. And I am so happy for you. You're a step ahead of me in the fact that I have not yet spoke to a lawyer (although, do you have to have a waiting period before applying? Here I am stuck for a min of a year where we have to not be a "couple" before we can even begin the process of divorce....so I still have like 9 months to go)

Thanks Anon....we haven't been a physical* couple for 3 years now and this is what I said to my lawyer, because *I* thought that meant something. Apparently not. It's obviously something legalese that I haven't been told yet...like I can't be living with and supported by him to be considered 'not a couple' I dunno! 
I'm just putting one foot in front of the other and trying to focus on what's happening, and important in front of me on the day. Like today....I go to the bank and get a printout bank statement, email my lawyer and ask "what the fuck do I do now?"....then, with my son, confront...yikes!...have a conversation with his father.

It's 6.50am here. I've been awake since 2.30am. I feel like shit....lol

E

KIA KAHA                       

February 6, 2023 2:50 pm  #55

Elle, I'm hoping you check in with us -- I think your instinct to have one conversation with all three is  a good one.  I know for myself, I felt like there had to be an end to all the lying and deception and secrecy.  

February 6, 2023 4:19 pm  #56

walkbymyself wrote:

Elle, I'm hoping you check in with us -- I think your instinct to have one conversation with all three is  a good one.  I know for myself, I felt like there had to be an end to all the lying and deception and secrecy.  

My son will be here, my daughter can't be and although that's not ideal (as far as the scenario goes) I'm not prepared to put it off. 
Hell yeah I'm checking in with the people in my corner! I have told nobody else my plans except one good friend and everybody here

E

KIA KAHA                       

February 6, 2023 7:58 pm  #57

good luck Elle.  Having your children there strikes me as a very good idea.  Maybe you can patch your daughter in by phone, as it were.

February 6, 2023 8:11 pm  #58

lily wrote:

good luck Elle.  Having your children there strikes me as a very good idea.  Maybe you can patch your daughter in by phone, as it were.

I think I'll go see her tomorrow in her lunch break. I really feel it should be face to face

E

KIA KAHA                       

February 6, 2023 8:29 pm  #59

I’m sending you courage and strength across the miles. You are never alone.

February 6, 2023 8:59 pm  #60

Toward the Light wrote:

I’m sending you courage and strength across the miles. You are never alone.

Toward ❤️ thanks

E

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera