OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 16, 2023 7:33 pm  #31

Re: Wife is questioning her sexuality and dating another woman

I felt the same - wanting to do everything I could but now I wish I'd done as little as I could and taken as much as I could!

January 16, 2023 9:18 pm  #32

lily wrote:

It really bugs me.  My ex was dripping with resentment towards me by the time we got to our 50's, yet he was the one who did it - he was the one who proposed marriage to the wrong sex, and he was the one all along insisting on keeping hold of me. 

This took me time to grasp. I kept wondering why she got so mad at me when SHE is the one who had the affair, lied and continues to do so. She is acting like I have been the problem all along. I dont take it personally, she is a sick and sad individual and always will be. I on the other hand, am healing nicely. It very hard to manage this tough. I am glad I am allergic to alcohol, otherwise things could have turned out very different for me. 

January 17, 2023 3:34 pm  #33

"She is acting like I have been the problem all along. I dont take it personally,.."

this is a great response.  yes it's not something to take personally - I like that.  

Of course, my ex deceived me into marriage, cheated on me, trashed my life, stole from me and continues to attack me personally. 

On the outside he appears to be such a nice straight man who got done over by an insane bitch whom he still loves.

I think the resentment is maybe an inevitable expression of the sexual repulsion he felt towards me.  

He's a diva, he wants big butch men falling at his feet, and instead he got me, this horrible creeping female.  I might empathise a bit if he didn't do it to himself, screwing me over in the process. 

Last edited by lily (January 17, 2023 3:37 pm)

January 20, 2023 12:36 pm  #34

lily wrote:

I might empathise a bit if he didn't do it to himself, screwing me over in the process. 

This sums it up perfectly. In the beginning, I was much more empathetic and happy to support her. Over time, it became clear that this is 100% about her and she has hurt our kids and me, flat out run us over and simply does not care. She has all of the training in the world and still never did any self work. She did this to herself, which has led to all of the lying and back and forth. I am a nice guy, empathize with almost everyone. That said, this is on her and she has brought all of this on because she can only focus on herself. Has nothing to do with orientation, (which for her is debatable at best). 

I feel you lilly, totally wrecked my life and then expects me to be compassionate....unreal. 

February 3, 2023 12:26 am  #35

I just joined this forum (33yo 7y marriage, 2 kids). I can honestly say for the first time since i found out my wife was a lesbian, I am resolved to get a divorce and it feels hopeful for me. 

Its only been three months since I found out she had an affair w a woman. She told me she had sex with this woman when I had been drinking and with both of them present and we had a threesome. At the time I thought it was a one time lapse of judgement from my wife and they wanted to bring me in. 

Soon after I recognized it as an affair and betrayal. My GW made it clear there was no stopping her from engaging with her new lover. She wanted me to be ok with her having a girlfriend. I wasn't. I was too threatened. I told her I would try a poly throuple as it seemed like maybe it would be cool to have two chicks or something. Somehow duped myself into believing that a polyamorous relationship with my GW and her girlfriend was the only way to save my marriage. We had several threesomes and it was just me and this other woman having sex with my wife. I never had sex with this women during these encounters, she was too guarded. I wasn't wanted there. It led to performance anxiety which made it so I couldn't get hard which had never happened to me before. Just imagine your wife's adulter watching you have sex with your wife who she probably discussed your intimacy issues with.

I watched them make love first hand and her be so much more into what this woman was doing to her than anything we had done since the early days when we had first hitched, maybe ever. I'm probably scared from the experience. 

At first I had some agency in my marriage and my station was so quickly lowered to being irrelevant in such a short time. As it started to fall apart. I fought for months for even a single attempt at reconciliation without her new lover in the picture. Each of them relentlessly justified their experience as personal growth and discovering themselves. I was torn to pieces.

She watched me suffering beyond description and it was never enough to move her to change her actions. She was ready to transition seemlessly from our 13y relationship and 7y marriage with two kids into dating her new lez lover. They work together in the same small building as me. I see both their cars every time I go to my office and sometimes in the building in places. They just do whatever no matter the cost to others.

I can relate with so many of these posts. I started the divorce process and this forum is what made me resolute in my decision. When the switch flips and you become irrelevant, trying to hold on only makes things harder and more drawn out.

February 3, 2023 6:57 am  #36

Only forward,

Yes..they hurtus and they can't stop... Also make sure you get yourself some therapy..that is a trauma.   Just the thought of my GX and her mean and ugly girlfriend together was enough to repulse me. 
You are worth more than the two of them can comprehend. Your kids need a strong unabused dad.. away from her you will find your strong fierce loyalty and love is not something that deserves to be abused. Give it your kids and people that deserve it.

Wishing strength and peace

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

February 3, 2023 11:29 am  #37

I've read a lot and listened to a lot of people who are participants and even coaches in non-monogamy, polyamory, ope relationships, etc. I'm guessing a lot of us explore that option as least somewhat. I have no direct experience with it. My initial reaction to my LW coming out to me was to go toward that for her benefit, though I believed her to be bi at the time and expected our relationship to remain intimate. I would have been willing to give it a try but she wasn't.

That said, everything I've heard about those arrangements emphasizes you have to have beyond amazing communication skills and habits AND it has to be what you want, not an attempt to fix a faltering relationship. If you were both happy in your relationship and things were mostly healthy and you both decided you wanted to get into that lifestyle, it could work. I'm sure it's possible for people to alter their relationship that way to deal with a MOM situation, but overall it isn't recommended. 

If you want to learn more and you can do so by listening, look for podcasts about open marriages, especially when the speakers are relationship coaches or experts. There is a surprising amount on info out there.

February 3, 2023 12:21 pm  #38

HereInMpls2717 wrote:

....if you want to learn more and you can do so by listening, look for podcasts about open marriages, especially when the speakers are relationship coaches or experts. There is a surprising amount on info out there.

It almost sounds like you're promoting the kind of lifestyles that actually harm the men and women who find themselves on this forum.
Non-monogamy is just another way of saying a person wants the cake, the icing and to lick the plate. I've listened to so-called experts on non-monogamy and it was almost like they wanted to convince me that the only way to live was to live your life dripping sexuality with freedom to see and be with anybody you wanted.

There is no expert or r'ship coach like a straightspouse who knows themselves, knows what they don't want and can live without the trauma and dishonesty an open r'ship can bring. I've been in an open r'ship. Wonderfully exciting. At first. In the end it stripped away all that I loved about the man I thought I'd be with forever. Mostly though it changed my perception of myself. Me. The straightspouse. Not the bisexual partner who doesn't have the balls to be honest about who he is.

E

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera