OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 7, 2021 11:50 am  #1

I still feel lucky

I posted this in our new Reddit subreddit, but I also wanted to post it here for anyone not on Reddit.

I still feel lucky.

I hope all of us get to a place where we feel lucky. Even with my husband’s (not so surprising) revelation over a year ago I still feel ridiculously and almost undeservedly lucky 95+% of the time. I hate to air this because I understand many that post in groups like this aren’t feeling this way. It’s hard to see others in pain. I’m certain there are many in similar circumstances that aren’t in subs like this or other places online because they are happy just living life. Sometimes I wonder why I continue posting in places such as this. I have a background in mental health care and something compels me to stay. I want others to see that it can get better. That a revelation of bisexuality by ones spouse isn’t necessarily the end of their relationship. It can be scary, but it can lead to even greater intimacy. I’m glad I know my husband better. I often felt like there was information left out prior.

Edit... I shouldn’t have said “I often felt like there was information left out prior.” It wasn’t often, but there certainly were occasions where I felt info was being omitted.

April 9, 2021 6:35 pm  #2

Re: I still feel lucky

Tangled oil,
My journey in this  new and completely unexpected phase of my marriage has just begun (only 8 months since my husband admitted his attraction to men). It was very difficult when he had that conversation with me but somehow we were making things work until  recently, when we hit another bump in the road.
Despite everything that is going on,I’m still happy with my marriage. I know he still has a lot to figure out and so do I. I’m not sure if we’re going to be together for a few months or a few more years, but we’ll make each day count.

April 10, 2021 8:59 pm  #3

Onceuponatime, 

I’m sorry you’re at another bump in the road. What I’m finding is that even in the best of situations life isn’t easy. I think I have it pretty easy over all regarding life in general terms, but I still have times of stress, anxiety, etc... 

I’m glad that you still feel happy in your marriage. I don’t think anyone can say with 100% certainly they know they’ll be together forever. Sure, I think that’ll be us, but who really knows what the future may hold. 

Hugs, 

Tangled

January 28, 2023 11:54 pm  #4

I wanted to know how Tangled Oil is doing- I had followed your posts for a while!

January 28, 2023 11:56 pm  #5

I’ve wanted to connect with people in similar situations as mine. I have tried to message but it says need public posts first.

February 4, 2023 11:39 pm  #6

sara51z wrote:

I wanted to know how Tangled Oil is doing- I had followed your posts for a while!

Hey, Hi! I’m doing great. My husband and I are doing great. It’s been over three years now. I’m happy to connect. I don’t log in here very often anymore as I moderate a sub on Reddit for this topic. It’s a little quiet in our sub most days, but if someone posts there will always be others to respond and/or offer support if needed.

Tangled

Last edited by TangledOil (February 5, 2023 2:05 am)

Board footera