OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 9, 2022 9:06 am  #1

Dating Apps

It has been sixteen years since I last went on a date with someone other than my exwife. Has anyone here actually had success with dating apps? Is there one you’d recommend?

December 9, 2022 11:38 am  #2

Re: Dating Apps

I am currently trying out "Elite Singles". I have never done online dating (and didn't do much in the way of dating period). I find it pretty user friendly. I haven't had super creepy people as of yet either. And I have met a guy that I've been talking to for a couple weeks now. I have no clue if anything will come of it, but I'm enjoying just learning about someone and having some good conversation. So, it's a good one to dip your toes into. It is for people looking for serious relationships, so everyone so far has been pretty upfront about what they're looking for. It does have a monthly membership fee (which I like, because it seems to keep out a lot of people that I would not be interested in).

December 9, 2022 12:58 pm  #3

Anon2222 wrote:

....it does have a monthly membership fee (which I like, because it seems to keep out a lot of people that I would not be interested in).

There's a friendship and dating site in New Zealand that my partner found and convinced me to try because you had the option to have a sexual meetings profile and meet other people for....well, sex. (Omg I look back now and cringe at my naivety) We could be anonymous and I realized that's what a lot of married men, unhappy at home, do for sex. Often encountering and  encouraging vulnerable women who believe their claims of "I'm  separated/divorced"

Men who are out to dupe women into thinking they're something they're not will pay a monthly fee..to get what they want

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

December 9, 2022 6:02 pm  #4

LasVegasDad wrote:

Has anyone here actually had success with dating apps? Is there one you’d recommend?

I met my current (straight) wife on OKCupid. That was 10 years ago. It was free and I suspect I (or she) may have been lucky. However if still active, a good way to test the waters for free.

Board footera